Celtic B V Scum B

Rivers of pish ah, I remember it well.:whistle:
Rivers of pish, a rain of bottles and split heads. I had forgotten how bonkers it was before the alcohol ban. I was too young to drink before the ban but witnessed the madness. Folk pishing in cans and bottles and then launching them. I wonder why very few women attended games back then?
The maddest game I was at for throwing pishy bottles was Dundee v Chesterfield (Chester maybe?) in the Anglo- Scottish Cup at Dens.
My first game v them was in 1979 at Paradise where we won 1-0 with a Roddy McDonald header. That was an experience I will never forget. 3 Quarters of Celtic Park turned Green, White and Gold. A fantastic sight. The journey home up the old A9 was something else too. A pitched battle outside a Pub n Chipper in Blackford or Auchterarder as the supporters buses made their way north. I was 14 and shiteing myself.

Like yourself, Lennono, I love my music. I always have a number of albums from my collection in my rust bucket. And more often than not I have one of Dylan's. But the big hit from the time of that game was from these guys.
Christ, there's a massive memory jog
We had a maths teacher who could belt the fingerprints off you
His name was Quinn, he was known as The Mighty Quinn, and when he was walking along the corridor you would hear the tune being whistled by the pupils

My first ever 'Old Firm 'match, Frank. I was 12 years of age. Got my first scarf that morning. Silk effect one. All the rage of the time. Best scarf ever in my opinion. 1970 I think. Hampden Park, glorious August Wednesday evening, huge crowd. Taken to the match by my older cousins, Lifted over the turnstile, onto the terrace, close to the dividing fence. Saw it in all its glory. Mainly, our second team beat them off the Park. I think they had a first team out. Never forgot it. I often close my eyes and try to reminisce and recapture that special feeling associated with it. Sometimes I am lucky and get to go back there. 👍 🍀 💚
Great description POD
That scarf was very popular, was it the one with the angled ends, not square, and no tassles
A classy looking piece of football attire back in the day
Jeans, a Ben Sherman shirt, and a suit jaiket, and you were a deciated follower of fashion at Celtic Park
A good wee memory for me
HH

Rivers of pish, a rain of bottles and split heads. I had forgotten how bonkers it was before the alcohol ban. I was too young to drink before the ban but witnessed the madness. Folk pishing in cans and bottles and then launching them. I wonder why very few women attended games back then?
The maddest game I was at for throwing pishy bottles was Dundee v Chesterfield (Chester maybe?) in the Anglo- Scottish Cup at Dens.
My first game v them was in 1979 at Paradise where we won 1-0 with a Roddy McDonald header. That was an experience I will never forget. 3 Quarters of Celtic Park turned Green, White and Gold. A fantastic sight. The journey home up the old A9 was something else too. A pitched battle outside a Pub n Chipper in Blackford or Auchterarder as the supporters buses made their way north. I was 14 and shiteing myself.
I couldn't believe the amount of folk who used to wear hard hats with the the wee jinky pencil top on top ,,,,,,,,then i saw why i thought wtf

I couldn't believe the amount of folk who used to wear hard hats with the the wee jinky pencil top on top ,,,,,,,,then i saw why i thought wtf
I had a white one that I painted the Hoops on
Handy for the Hun games at the shit pit, as they were fond of launching bottles and other missiles into our section
Also very handy when it became a case of 'hand to hand combat'
HH

Last edited:
Back