Atletico Madrid v Celtic , Uefa Champions League , Metropolitan Stadium, Madrid ,Tuesday 7th Nov 8pm kick off

For this game, I'd prefer to play it tighter too. We concede far too many goals away from home in Europe and so have yo be less gung-ho. I don't mean play turgid anti-football as we don't have the players capable of that style, but sensible use of the players we have available.

I would start tonight with:

Hart
Phillips...Carter-Vickers...Scales
AJ..............Iwata............Taylor
O'Riley.........CalMac
Kyogo.......Maeda​

There is still plenty of skill on the pitch and AJ & Taylor can bomb forward to provide width (without over-exposing our backline).

Kyogo & Maeda have incredible pace to hit them on the break. Plus they work hard chasing defenders down so act as our first line of defence.

We can then bring on Palma, Yang & Oh after about an hour as needed. Plus we must use all 5 subs this week, so Holm & Bernardo may get used too (it is a shame Hatate & Abada are missing).

Nawrocki or Lagerbielke would be in instead of on-loan Phillips if they were match fit.
That’s the team for me👍

Be careful how you watch tonight. Neighbor in street had rap from polis Sunday whilst watching Rangers on boax. Use VPN it's safer for streaming.
I'll no be answering my door then. Not that I would be doing anything naughty like watching the Dortmund/Newcastle and Shaktar/Barca games on split screen!!! You don't even need a stick these day - you just download the app straight onto your Smart tv, mobile, tablet, etc, etc.

Must admit I'm every bit as un confident about tonight as I was last game.
If we can play like that then again " stranger things have happened " .
Get in front and stay there let them chase the game: Mon the hoops HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back