Are Celtic supporters ever happy

That's a very, very, very good question, Woodbinebhoy. For as long as I've been a Celtic supporter (only a couple of years, mind you, and from 5,000 miles away in California), it appears that many fans are never happy and always have something to complain about. Always. You are right -- this season, like a lot of things which are a product of 2020, things are upside down and we may not end up winning the league this year, but as long as the math is there, there is hope. But after winning a quadruple treble, which will probably never be repeated, that crowned Celtic's recent string of successes, some consider the club a failure.

I support Celtic first and foremost, then there's about 50 feet of dead space, and then I also support two other clubs: FC St Pauli and, here at home, Portland Timbers FC in the MLS (I'm a member of the Timbers Army, the PTFC ultras). The fan dynamic in both of those clubs is much different than Celtic, insofar as when crises arise -- and especially in FC St Pauli's case, where they are staring relegation squarely in the face unless they turn things around -- there is never the level of negativity or vitriol against those clubs at the level that manifests itself when Celtic stumbles and some Celtic fans shift into entitlement overdrive.

Let me be clear: Many, possibly most, people who support Celtic know that "faithful through and through" are not just four random words, but a solid foundation of supporting the club. But apparently the loudest critics -- whether in this forum, on social media, or in the mainstream press and broadcast media -- are an embarrassment more times than not.

Oh, and welcome to the Noise.
I have to say that I don't feel that expecting Celtic to win everything is entitlement. It is logic. With the biggest budget, the most expensive squad in Scotland, possibly the most expensive management team in Scotland and the most expensive CEO in the UK, I feel that it is reasonable to expect Celtic's players to have the gumption and the guts to beat the other teams, Celtic's management team to have the motivational power and tactical nous to beat the other management teams and the CEO to be able to make the correct decisions better than other CEOs. Over the course of a season, this advantage should be exponential. I also want sevco (who really are entitled) to win nothing and their best hope of that is for us to win everything.

What I find funny is we have laughed and laughed for over 8 years at sevco fans for their blind faith. Motherwell billonaires 🤣 going into liquidation then somehow surviving 🤣 Pedro the next Jose 🤣 Warburton the next England manager 🤣 King the billionaire 🤣 going for 55 🤣 and again 🤣 and again 🤣 mckay to leipzig 🤣 100 million pound morelos 🤣 their fantastic superstar filled team🤣..we have been amazed at how gullible they have been to listen to their board of crooks and their pets in the media. We have laughed at how their squad has consistently let them down and yet they kept believing......but now....our board are telling us everything is alright, when its not. Our team is letting us down.....an we are the embarrassment for daring to question our situation. We are in the wrong for being angry....OK then let's be like the huns of the last 8 years....everything fine. Faithful through and through la de da 👌👌👌👌
They were just as despondent and angry with their lot in the past nine years Lubo but even in the dead zone of the lower leagues THEY SUPPORTED THEIR FUCKING TEAM. 48,000 v the Alloas etc of this world in the shittiest winters whereas THE GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD want to boycott season tickets, boycott merchandise abuse the board and players and leave the stadium half empty next season ( fucking opinion polls to see if we will even support our fucking club next season ) . WE are a fucking joke at this critical time for our club when for the first time in nine fucking years they really need our support. Apologies fellow Noisers - Rant over

They were just as despondent and angry with their lot in the past nine years Lubo but even in the dead zone of the lower leagues THEY SUPPORTED THEIR FUCKING TEAM. 48,000 v the Alloas etc of this world in the shittiest winters whereas THE GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD want to boycott season tickets, boycott merchandise abuse the board and players and leave the stadium half empty next season ( fucking opinion polls to see if we will even support our fucking club next season ) . WE are a fucking joke at this critical time for our club when for the first time in nine fucking years they really need our support. Apologies fellow Noisers - Rant over
Your way off the mark there cg.
The scum at that time was all about trying to survive.
Ours is all about changes we hope to see as we mostly feel betrayed with the current state of affairs, regardless it will never deter our support and love of the club

I just want to ask are Celtic supporters ever happy?
We have won the past nine league titles (with players we could afford,) we have just won a quadruple treble (with players we could afford and which will probably never be repeated and was never done by the "great Rangers" at any time in their history although they don't even have a history.) Suddenly everything has gone a bit pear-shaped and it's the end of the world. My God, the people flocking to criticize and pour scorn on our efforts so far has been ridiculous. They must have very little to do in their lives. People like Charlie Nicholas, Frank McAvennie and some others were never loyal to Celtic when they played for them so I don't expect them to be loyal now, but I expect supporters now to be loyal and able to put up with not winning everything all the time and don't give me that crap about putting money into the club, I've put as much as anyone into the club for 60+ years and will continue to do so. Please! let's get behind the club as best we can under current circumstances.
By the way when Peter Lawwell decided to go to Dubai he thought he was doing the right thing and not saying to himself, "Lets f--k up these Celtic supporters that throw their money at our club." I'll tell you now that the man behind our collapse is Nicky Hammond who has indeed brought some rubbish to the club.

I'd say all Celtic fans ( I don't mean the virtual ones only on 'social media) are happy every time they turn up at Paradise & have been for well over a Century.
Every football fan wants their team to improve, get better regardless of standard.

No one is bigger than Celtic football club, certainly not over a hyped over paid accountant.

By the way when Peter Lawwell decided to go to Dubai he thought he was doing the right thing and not saying to himself, "Lets f--k up these Celtic supporters that throw their money at our club." I'll tell you now that the man behind our collapse is Nicky Hammond who has indeed brought some rubbish to the club.
Yes that's a reasonable conclusion! Not!
Who employed Nicky Hammond? (someone no one here had heard of before he was linked, out of work months after sacked by WBA)
Give you a clue!
celtic-fans-protest-scottish-premiership-football-celtic-park-glasgow-scotland-uk-shutterstock-editorial-11540439k.jpg

How likely do you think it was that NFL specifically requested Hammond?

No he didn't did he! but just Like Lenny - Nicky was out of a job, was cheap for a bottom line with pistol's millions of bonus in mind & a perfect fit for the inside of Pistols back pocket.

If Celtic FC, with millions sat in the bank for seasons, do not win 10IAR, come second to a broke zombie club run by a cheap crook, Pistol the CEO will be responsible.

As for his supposed not to blame re Dubai fiasco!
Read the usual few trying that line (nothing to see move along) here trying to shut other fans up the night before - shame for you all - even Pistol didn't agree with you & had to admit he made a mistake, (even if typical tory like trying to dilute put in some context.)

Do you think Pistols links with Dubai are purely for the benefit of the team?

I'd say all Celtic fans ( I don't mean the virtual ones only on 'social media) are happy every time they turn up at Paradise & have been for well over a Century.
Every football fan wants their team to improve, get better regardless of standard.

No one is bigger than Celtic football club, certainly not over a hyped over paid accountant.

Yes that's a reasonable conclusion! Not!
Who employed Nicky Hammond? (someone no one here had heard of before he was linked, out of work months after sacked by WBA)
Give you a clue!
celtic-fans-protest-scottish-premiership-football-celtic-park-glasgow-scotland-uk-shutterstock-editorial-11540439k.jpg

How likely do you think it was that NFL specifically requested Hammond?

No he didn't did he! but just Like Lenny - Nicky was out of a job, was cheap for a bottom line with pistol's millions of bonus in mind & a perfect fit for the inside of Pistols back pocket.

If Celtic FC, with millions sat in the bank for seasons, do not win 10IAR, come second to a broke zombie club run by a cheap crook, Pistol the CEO will be responsible.
is that a two way poster one for the window and one for the press,or is the press not wanting to show his own face, I mean really shutterstock jpegs are usually one that companies sell hence the embossed logo meaning they own it and its not free, but if that was a normal Celtic fan then the image is public property?

img_2580.jpg

Not taken recently!

Pistols rich top east links have been in the making for several years.

Some here think players just decide to leave, some imagine KT asked for a transfer & was not at all encouraged by Pistol!
Arsenal & millions KT like anyone could be swayed.

Pistols interference in team matters! was highlighted even for the mute early this season!

Did you not even Wonder who set up Rogic for a move to Qatar?
You know the player who NFL wanted to play but was told to play Ntcham (pistol imagined more millions for in a sale)!
We know for sure it was not Rogic!
As Rogic refused the 'we could not hold him back, was a great move for him' move manufactured by pistol

img_2584.jpg

At best! Pistol probably insisted on going to Dubai, probably because he (Celtic) paid for it up front & would not get a refund
Worse it suited him!

What I find funny is we have laughed and laughed for over 8 years at sevco fans for their blind faith. Motherwell billonaires 🤣 going into liquidation then somehow surviving 🤣 Pedro the next Jose 🤣 Warburton the next England manager 🤣 King the billionaire 🤣 going for 55 🤣 and again 🤣 and again 🤣 mckay to leipzig 🤣 100 million pound morelos 🤣 their fantastic superstar filled team🤣..we have been amazed at how gullible they have been to listen to their board of crooks and their pets in the media. We have laughed at how their squad has consistently let them down and yet they kept believing......but now....our board are telling us everything is alright, when its not. Our team is letting us down.....an we are the embarrassment for daring to question our situation. We are in the wrong for being angry....OK then let's be like the huns of the last 8 years....everything fine. Faithful through and through la de da 👌👌👌👌

I have to say that I don't feel that expecting Celtic to win everything is entitlement. It is logic. With the biggest budget, the most expensive squad in Scotland, possibly the most expensive management team in Scotland and the most expensive CEO in the UK, I feel that it is reasonable to expect Celtic's players to have the gumption and the guts to beat the other teams, Celtic's management team to have the motivational power and tactical nous to beat the other management teams and the CEO to be able to make the correct decisions better than other CEOs. Over the course of a season, this advantage should be exponential. I also want sevco (who really are entitled) to win nothing and their best hope of that is for us to win everything.
Agree with that Neil though I'm pretty sure that they have the most expensive management team. Slippy is allegedly on 2.5 million pyr lenny has bettered that but only through his bonuses if the numbers are right I read online. It doesnt matter who has the biggest pay slip. It does show me at least that we can afford to go and get a management team of better quality . Always comes back to ambition v profitable numbers.

It may be controversial but if a new manager can see something in boli that we can't then I would say give him the opportunity to do so.
Sure if I was to condemn for making a huge mistake, I would have been stoned to death long ago on some of the huge mistakes I have made in the past
He was and still is a boy for all intents and purposes. He made a testosterone fuelled mistake everyone deserves a second chance but he simply must return to the form that made us buy him. Unless theres something else in the background, say , it was an agent he went to meet ( I find that hard to believe that any agent would ask a player to embark on such a jaunt then not tell anyone they'd simply have a video call) then the club have punished him by promoting him to the champions league wtf punishment is that? Give him his second chance he should be a better player now SHOULD BE , and the reason the club are returning him is to free up space as hes injured . We all make mistakes and his didnt cost us the title , it didnt help but wasnt responsible for the shitshow that followed .

I just want to ask are Celtic supporters ever happy?
We have won the past nine league titles (with players we could afford,) we have just won a quadruple treble (with players we could afford and which will probably never be repeated and was never done by the "great Rangers" at any time in their history although they don't even have a history.) Suddenly everything has gone a bit pear-shaped and it's the end of the world. My God, the people flocking to criticize and pour scorn on our efforts so far has been ridiculous. They must have very little to do in their lives. People like Charlie Nicholas, Frank McAvennie and some others were never loyal to Celtic when they played for them so I don't expect them to be loyal now, but I expect supporters now to be loyal and able to put up with not winning everything all the time and don't give me that crap about putting money into the club, I've put as much as anyone into the club for 60+ years and will continue to do so. Please! let's get behind the club as best we can under current circumstances.
Yes Celtic supporters are often happy , the happiest you'll come across in Scotland except this year. Celtic supporters having paid good money for a clusterf*k of a shitshow have every right to question the whys and the what's of how this has blown up so spectacularly and I actually dont know ANY Celtic supporter or just Celtic fans who are happy with how the club, board, management team and players have conducted themselves this season. And rightly so. I mean this is your thread woodbine are you happy with this season ? I'd suspect that the answer is a resounding no.

He was and still is a boy for all intents and purposes. He made a testosterone fuelled mistake everyone deserves a second chance but he simply must return to the form that made us buy him. Unless theres something else in the background, say , it was an agent he went to meet ( I find that hard to believe that any agent would ask a player to embark on such a jaunt then not tell anyone they'd simply have a video call) then the club have punished him by promoting him to the champions league wtf punishment is that? Give him his second chance he should be a better player now SHOULD BE , and the reason the club are returning him is to free up space as hes injured . We all make mistakes and his didnt cost us the title , it didnt help but wasnt responsible for the shitshow that followed .
You’re right, he is only a lad. I would be embarrassed to reveal some of the stupid asinine stunts I pulled in earlier times. I think a stiff fine and a couple of weeks in the stand would have been enough for this act. But what concerns me more is his ability to grow into the kind of player we would like him to be. A second chance? Probably worth a shot.

Back