Anybody with a Boax

VPN hardly works on my device BB. Too much buffering and freezing missed 20 minutes of Celtic game today. So noisers who use boax or sticks lets us know which sub is the best for anti freezing and non buffering. Any help you can give your fellow Celts would be appreciated.🍀🍀
I bought a LibertyShield router. This is cabled from my broadband into the boax, so there is no drop-off. It is just over £20 on Amazon. There is also an annual subscription to pay as well. It has VPN WiFi too so the app on my mobile works too.

Usually an hour or two before a game I clear the crap out of the cache memory in my broadband & VPN. I just unplug them from the electrical socket for 10+ minutes then restart them up again. You can clear the cache (not the saved data otherwise you need to log in again) on the boax too.

Keeping your cache regularly cleared helps generally for internet use (I had to do this during lockdown as me & the wife worked from home and my wee lass did schoolwork on a pre-fibre broadband) and helps me minimise buffering during the game. Also, getting the highest speed broadband possible that you can afford obviously helps.

I bought a LibertyShield router. This is cabled from my broadband into the boax, so there is no drop-off. It is just over £20 on Amazon. There is also an annual subscription to pay as well. It has VPN WiFi too so the app on my mobile works too.

Usually an hour or two before a game I clear the crap out of the cache memory in my broadband & VPN. I just unplug them from the electrical socket for 10+ minutes then restart them up again. You can clear the cache (not the saved data otherwise you need to log in again) on the boax too.

Keeping your cache regularly cleared helps generally for internet use (I had to do this during lockdown as me & the wife worked from home and my wee lass did schoolwork on a pre-fibre broadband) and helps me minimise buffering during the game. Also, getting the highest speed broadband possible that you can afford obviously helps.
Use my firestick with one of these straight to router.

ethernet.jpg

Get a GOOD VPN, I have been using surf shark for years, not the cheapest option, but very reliable, easy to use, set it to a fast country, there’s a bit of trial and error, to find a good fast stable country, I’m not divulging my, con, but it’s not in Europe, as BB said before an important football game, I unpluged everything and reconnect it to clear the connection, I don’t have buffering issues, also get the fastest broadband service you can afford

:oops: aye customer service is no great ,so it's best just search for an answer of throw it up in the corner ,but am sure if an old grumpy fkr like me can put up with it then so can you ,,,maybe
I did for over 2 years. They changed their app 3 times because of paranoid del. I dont want to be on the run. I just want to pay for a service and not be made to feel like a criminal, or feel like del the runt is doing me a favour by letting me pay him. Nor do I want to have to learn a new app every month.

Last edited:
I have a gramophone...would that work ?
er no. By the way, a firestick is just a storage device.which plugs into the back of modern tv (hdmi port). IF you buy a subscription to somebody like the little arsehole, they will (once you pay them) give you access to an app which you will download onto your firestick. Running this app will give you access to their programming which is likely hundreds of channels including sports, movies, series, and live television from other countries such as USA France, Germany etc. Many also include Pay per View such as big fights or other sporting events. To make yourself more anonymous many providers will provide a VPN so you fly under the radar. Hope that makes it a little more clear.
The reason I am looking for a new service is because I live in Portugal as you know so a lot of the content is Portuguese and I would prefer a better service which will include all Celtic games which I only get if the game is on Sky. I normally locate a stream for Celtic games and broadcast to my big tv. Even 3 oclock games like today. Hope that helps

Lot of hard work there BB. You must be with delbhoy Just buy more RAM and you wont get the same amount of buffering

I did for over 2 years. They changed their app 3 times because of paranoid del. I dont want to be on the run. I just want to pay for a service and not be made to feel like a criminal, or feel like del the runt is doing me a favour by letting me pay him. Nor do I want to have to learn a new app every month.
Can only speak of 3 months having one , found it was easy set up i don't watch alot of tv so it was only for the footie , i found through experience one night that when the shits hit the fan and thngs aren't working right they can be ,,let say a bit affit ,when you post a problem

other than that i would recommend as i had years of the streams which came in handy but dropped in numbers over the last 4 yrs

You need to download an app to use on it if you want access to dodgy streams. There are a lot of folk who set up IPTV streaming services which gives you access to 10,000s of channels, movies and tv box sets. Folk on here go on about a "boax" which has one of these dodgy apps on it - but in reality these apps are not just on these purpose built boaxes but also Firesticks, phones, tablets, etc.

The VPN just hides the country you are actually in so tou can bypass broadcast restrictions. I bought one that connects into my broadband box but often it is another app (yes, with another paid for subscription but usually only a few £ per month) runs in the background.

26+6=1 is an IT expert who will assist if you need it.
Appreciate it mate, and yeah I've had many a chat with our man 26+ (a top bloke by the way) but he has binned the noise, in favour of getting on with life for a bit, so will ask one of my 'known associates' who are knowledgeable in the interweb arena HH

You need to download an app to use on it if you want access to dodgy streams. There are a lot of folk who set up IPTV streaming services which gives you access to 10,000s of channels, movies and tv box sets. Folk on here go on about a "boax" which has one of these dodgy apps on it - but in reality these apps are not just on these purpose built boaxes but also Firesticks, phones, tablets, etc.

The VPN just hides the country you are actually in so tou can bypass broadcast restrictions. I bought one that connects into my broadband box but often it is another app (yes, with another paid for subscription but usually only a few £ per month) runs in the background.

26+6=1 is an IT expert who will assist if you need it.
"I'd like to buy an internet..." why are the tech guys in the shop laughing ???

People watching Celtic all over the world, the Huns are a parochial team, outwith Scotland and Northern Ireland only a handful of ex pats are interested, that’s why they don’t have rainjurs Las Vegas conventions etc or get invited for far flung preseason tours, no one is interested 🤷‍♂️

Back