A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

When I was 13/14 My mate had Glaswegian neighbours. I Couldna figure oot how the youngest “bairn” always got “The” in front o his name. Everybody else was Steve or Michael but he was “The Wayne”. It took me years to work oot they were saying “wean” and not “Wayne”. Wean is a word that is not used at all here.
I had forgotten all about that until I read your post!!
i remember stewarding a Dundee utd v Celtic at parkhead years ago.

And the united fans were constantly doing a weird sounding song with a weird wee dance. Couldnt make it out till i got stack on segregation line.

And the song was something along lines of the people fae glasgow dinnae wash dinnar wash. there was me thinking t was a good wee tune, turned out it was mockery hahaha. Cheek anol im sure poverty levels in dundee are just as bad as Glasgow. And despite being skint still showered with soap twice a day. lmao.

Can you still get The Broons and Oor Wullie annuals ? And on another note, and in keeping with the thread, check this out from 3 months ago, talk about 'somebody watching over you' mind you the trailer doesn't appear to have any rear lights and the cement truck is going way too fast for the conditions

Can't understand this, most clubs would welcome this kind of support.

Our administrators are just so out of touch with the fans. What other sporting institution repeatedly undermines, discourages and down-right pisses off their own fanbase on such a regular basis for petty reasons that seem bizarre and nonsensical to any right-minded person? There is zero benefits in rejecting this request but there are lots of negatives. I remember just a few months back David/WC mentioned that they had been mucked about and treated very poorly by the board. Despite the Celtic Star being the main champion of the Women's team continually promoting it in a very positive light when others ignored or shunned it.

And how most of the fan media (there is an exception) get treated with distain like a piece of shite on PL's brogues while the bluenosed churnalists who love nothing more that mocking our club get treated like royalty instead of being shamed and banned as they deserve to be.

Our administrators are just so out of touch with the fans. What other sporting institution repeatedly undermines, discourages and down-right pisses off their own fanbase on such a regular basis for petty reasons that seem bizarre and nonsensical to any right-minded person? There is zero benefits in rejecting this request but there are lots of negatives. I remember just a few months back David/WC mentioned that they had been mucked about and treated very poorly by the board. Despite the Celtic Star being the main champion of the Women's team continually promoting it in a very positive light when others ignored or shunned it.

And how most of the fan media (there is an exception) get treated with distain like a piece of shite on PL's brogues while the bluenosed churnalists who love nothing more that mocking our club get treated like royalty instead of being shamed and banned as they deserve to be.
The money men once again, so out of touch with the support, they wear their arrogance like a cape, and that will come back to bite them, as the fans are 100% behind the club, not the board HH

The money men once again, so out of touch with the support, they wear their arrogance like a cape, and that will come back to bite them, as the fans are 100% behind the club, not the board HH
Aye Dill, but when it does bite them they will feck off into the sunset with a golden handshake and a free padded seat in the stand for life. The arrogant, ignorant feckers.

Last edited:
It's an og from us in a footballing, business and financial sense.
If there's a team wearing the hoops at CP then the supporters will be there guaranteed.
I sense the smell of penny pinching and Nicholson thinking that opening up the stadium would cost rather than make profit, why he'd think that though is beyond me as the ghirls at CP are getting bigger attendances than many mens spfl sides are so a complete blunder I'd say and one that DD & lawell should be looking at, tell Peter the board are missing out on income and it might be reversed overnight.

I was wondering if it could have anything to do with the playing surface at CP ?
Are the ghirls still to play at CP but not get the Celtic end or are they still getting to play there?
The surface has been dodgy and a bit cut up before at this time of year and we've had some brutal rain recently and predicting more bad weather to come , just a thought as I canny get my head around it has there been a statement from Celtic about it?

Mikael Lustig has taken up a coaching role at top flight Swedish side VSK's academy. I have said it a couple of times before, and I still believe that it will come true in the future, but I think Mikael will return to Celtic Park in a coaching role in the future.

He might not be our manager but more along the lines of Johan Mjallby or Murdo MacLeod in an assistant role. Maybe as part of a team supporting \o/ ???

I was wondering if it could have anything to do with the playing surface at CP ?
Are the ghirls still to play at CP but not get the Celtic end or are they still getting to play there?
The surface has been dodgy and a bit cut up before at this time of year and we've had some brutal rain recently and predicting more bad weather to come , just a thought as I canny get my head around it has there been a statement from Celtic about it?
They have issued a statement saying its due to 'safely concerns' at the Celtic end, and they can accommodate the GB in the rail seating area. A load if bollox if u ask me and smacks of get back in your box. Shameful really when they used the pics of the Celtic end last time to promote ticket sales.

Members online

Latest posts

Back