The real reasons for both semi finals on the same day

Imatim

1 - This decision is advantageous to the Huns which we all knew would be the case and more to the point disadvantageous to the Celtic way of playing football.

2 - Money. Did anyone really think they would schedule the game anywhere else? Also logistically the policing will be only in one place on the same day which will save on manpower and not having to make plans for two separate venues/days.

3 - Strict Liability. The political angle. The stage has been set for trouble. With trouble comes the call for implementation of strict liability. This is the perfect scenario for the Hun horde. Win or lose they will be tanked up and salivating at the chance to reap some real carnage. Of course it will be portrayed as football fans with no emphasis on who is really to blame.

Yep! This could very well be the perfect storm and these devious "people" know exactly what they are doing and I'm sure you can add to this list.

1 - This decision is advantageous to the Huns which we all knew would be the case and more to the point disadvantageous to the Celtic way of playing football.

2 - Money. Did anyone really think they would schedule the game anywhere else? Also logistically the policing will be only in one place on the same day which will save on manpower and not having to make plans for two separate venues/days.

3 - Strict Liability. The political angle. The stage has been set for trouble. With trouble comes the call for implementation of strict liability. This is the perfect scenario for the Hun horde. Win or lose they will be tanked up and salivating at the chance to reap some real carnage. Of course it will be portrayed as football fans with no emphasis on who is really to blame.

Yep! This could very well be the perfect storm and these devious "people" know exactly what they are doing and I'm sure you can add to this list.

Aberdeen- They need to get up extra early on a Sunday service day to come visit Glasgow then if they win semi must get home early to make room for next game.

Hearts- They need to come to Glasgow at night on sunday service, play on a used pitch and hope they can get home on Sunday service pronto after potentially winning their game.

Celtic- Got to play on a used pitch and still have the problem of Sunday service transport after game. Not much time to celebrate a win should they get one.

Sevco- Should Sevco win, who have the least problematic journey for majority of their fans, their badly behaved fans are expected to go home early vacating the area to make room for disgruntled hearts and Celtic fans. If they lose we are expected to believe they will quite happily not hang around in the pubs and area to violently express their anger at firstly the aberdeen fans, then make room for Celtic fans and hearts fans.

Also how do they clean the stadium properly for next set of fans. How do you prevent Celtic and hearts fans from coming to Glasgow pubs restaurants in area preparing for the big game. How many part time stewards will be available that day given it will be a 15 hour shift or so and between the teams on show will probably have majority of these fans with religious obligations, or just prefer to watch one of these semi finals on the TV. How do you get the executive fans feed watered and safely away from the next big crowd. How do you get the executive fans who normally get allowed in early into stadium for second game while the executive areas are full.

Why on earth would the Police OK this set of scenarios.

Why oh why would of all the scenarios The Sevco lads be getting the best time slot by pure chance yet again.

Can Anyone imagine Sevco fans not hanging around the City centre on Sunday if they just reached a final?

I can't think of any positive things about this nonsense.

If Sevco are getting first match does that mean they were scheduled to play on Saturday??

Could that possibly be the reason why its all got to be shuffled around.

If anything the Celtic game should be first

Cup holders v hearts less journey than aberdeen so early kick off on sunday less difficult

Personally I can't see why one cup semi can't be played following weekend or midweek night match.

Or even getting the Eufa kick off for one of the games to be rescheduled to allow semi on the saturday as normal

1: Never in doubt about any possible advantage to Huns. Aberdeen fans to travel for 12 noon - beyond ridiculous! Less fans to travel, more Hun tickets, more Blue pound? Considering Hampdump is already set up with a Hun fan majority built in, why are we surprised?

2: Policing - they'll complain no matter what. Loads of drunken Huns lurking in the shadows waiting to cause trouble will be no concern to them. Attacks will be deemed non-sectarian no matter what. It's potential is frightening and will be through pure luck only if there are no serious incidents.

3: Strict liability is a non-starter due to the fact that it would only emphasise how the Huns can do what they want and, anyway, it is an awful idea that would be as useful and enforceable as the SFA disciplinary panel. Again, it would just prove how the Huns can do as they please with no repercussions and affect all other support.

If only we could get out of the Scottish league altogether ...

I understand that Police Scotland insisted on the Sevco game first for operational reasons. What would that be?

Now when the draw was made the first semi drawn normally get the first game on the Saturday. That was Celtic v Hearts.

There is a clear advantage in playing first on the pitch at this time of year

Not taking possible extra time and penalty shoot out into consideration for the early kick off making the chance of fans clashing even more likely especially if Aberdeen actually manage to raise their game enougj

Would like to but I Can't understand why Sevco get to play first . Celtic playing second against hearts on a chewed up pitch will give hearts a significant advantage

Reactions: TET
Who gets to decide if the playing surface is too cut up? I know my view will be unpopular, but if the surface sucks (as it no doubt will) then perhaps we will approach the game with plan B.... where there is less emphasis on sidewards and backwards passing!

Who gets to decide if the playing surface is too cut up? I know my view will be unpopular, but if the surface sucks (as it no doubt will) then perhaps we will approach the game with plan B.... where there is less emphasis on sidewards and backwards passing!
If the "B" stands for Bryson we're in f...in big trouble

Hopefully the early kick off with no strikers goes against sevco & sets up nicely to go in & turn the other sevco over which I’m quite confident we will.This could give us momentum which we’ll need for December & set us up for the first part of treble treble.We’ve played consistently well at Hampden for 2 seasons now & come that Sunday night we’ll be raring to go.Just disappointing having to go out on a Sunday night like the old 6:05 games.

Now the police want more talks over the same day semi finals I hope our board stand up and tell them were to go if Murrayfield is put forward to hold our game send the other game through there still don't understand how Celtic v Hearts is drawn first and this is the game that gets played second

Now the police want more talks over the same day semi finals I hope our board stand up and tell them were to go if Murrayfield is put forward to hold our game send the other game through there still don't understand how Celtic v Hearts is drawn first and this is the game that gets played second

I am probably thinking along similar lines here to yourself and already the Daily Ranger is saying its our game that will be changed to Edinburgh - so it will be interesting to see what Celtic officials say (if anything)

Surely fans will already have made plans to be travelling to Glasgow at a certain time - buses, even hotels will have been arranged, so to change it now is typical of SPFL. The game that should be getting changed is the other game - it was second out of the hat and is neutral for both teams.

According to latest reports it is the Police who have requested this change?Is the same police that the SFA consulted with and took advice from ? More questions than answers,no change there then,pity they did not listen to the people that matter, in this case the SUPPORTERS

Playing our game at Murrayfield suits Hearts. Playing the other at Hampden suits Sevco. They want a Sevco Hearts final and they can hardly make it more obvious. Lets put a spanner in the works and win.

Back