The Athenian "Long Wall'

Totally agree BB with the movement of the ball nowadays and the pace and direction at with they are able to hit a ball means the slightest of touches can mean trouble. If Barkas had came charging out and never made it a sending off would also have been in the offering. Who would be a keeper with nowhere to hide
Once you cross that white it's your game, and up to you, how you play it
If hes being 'trained' to stay on his line, then the blame lies with the goalie coaches
You have the talent and play by instinct, you do things instinctually
Once that has been 'trained' out of you, you've lost a huge part of your game
Anyway, some like him, some don't
It's horses for courses for me, Scott Bain deserves a shot in the SPFL games, imho

Another post I can read, looks like your getting the hang of this posting in Internet forums thing 👏👏
I fort i needd 2 dumb it down on porpoise for d drink hic so hillario addicts on here! but evn more so 4 der real matur enkuragers.

Last edited:
2 of which were penalties, which are always a guessing game for the keeper, and a rebound, after he made the first save
Bain, was not the problem
He knows the Scottish game and we should be using him more when we're up against domestic opposition
My opinion
HH

FFS
He got wrong footed, that's all
It's a split second decision, as the kicker runs up, sometimes you guess right and others you're caught in two minds
Shit happens, the loss was not Scott Bain's fault
I actually think Bain was correct for the second penalty - more often than not players just tend to blooter the ball as hard as possible down the middle for their second penalty. If this had happened then Bain would have easily saved it. I think he was playing the percentages and it never paid off this time. I agree, the goals conceded certainly weren't the keeper's fault.

I actually think Bain was correct for the second penalty - more often than not players just tend to blooter the ball as hard as possible down the middle for their second penalty. If this had happened then Bain would have easily saved it. I think he was playing the percentages and it never paid off this time. I agree, the goals conceded certainly weren't the keeper's fault.
I'm being really, really, really picky, BB, but I thought he might have just been able to get that initial shot at their second held to the midriff.

That's being harsh because it had a bit of power and was close enough range too, but you know......professional keeper who works on that type of scenario most days in training, might just have got enough behind it to absorb it. As I said, being picky and harsh there, but.......

Totally agree with the second pen.......I'd have bet my fur that it was going straight doon his throat, but the bluff was called.

the same can be said for Barcas..... our losses and draws have not been his fault either. I was just making the point Dilligaf that the blame should not be aimed at our keepers for our dip in form.
Barkas is nowhere near Celtic quality. Maybe his sore back will keep him out for the rest of the season. Maybe we can push the boat out in January. Forster or Marshall for me.

I'm being really, really, really picky, BB, but I thought he might have just been able to get that initial shot at their second held to the midriff.

That's being harsh because it had a bit of power and was close enough range too, but you know......professional keeper who works on that type of scenario most days in training, might just have got enough behind it to absorb it. As I said, being picky and harsh there, but.......

Totally agree with the second pen.......I'd have bet my fur that it was going straight doon his throat, but the bluff was called.
Actually SP, I too initially thought he could have maybe parried it away from the onrushing attacker but things happen so quickly that is being unfair.

Although we drew it felt like a defeat. Made worse by returning to work today surrounded by gloating Dons fans.

Members online

Latest posts

Back