Sunday’s assault & Next Ibrox Visit

Verum2

James Forrest today in his blog rightly calls out the wider issues beyond the human detritus that threw the missiles at the linesman yesterday .
The SFAs failure (for reasons we have all discussed ad nauseam ) to properly deal with that lot has created a Frankenstein monster of a club which ...if it is actually possible is even worse than what Scottish football had to tolerate before the last version went burst .
The club’s management , fans and players know they can do what the f@ck they like on any subject get away with it and still scream they are victims
That’s what happens when you don’t confront a nasty bully and sort out the B@st@rd ...the crap we saw yesterday will be repeated ad infinitim
What James didn’t touch on in his article is the obvious and in my opinion serious looming concern related to yesterday’s behaviour ie
the visit to Ibrox at the turn of the year
If the malignant cancer in our game ,which is the base element of that support , can attack with impunity a linesman and sing about it can you imagine what a set of surrounded CFC fans may have to endure?
I know we have discussed this before and there are those bravados who do not fear these animals ...and I get that
But!.. this mob are completely out of control at every level and I suspect our board will not lift a finger or say boo to a goose on any of it certainly in public
Given the potential for catastrophe I sincerely hope they will be ,Or are , making representations behind the scenes

Seen this today Verum
Thanks . I didn’t see it ..No surprise!
Have you ever tried the pre or post match experience on the Glasgow Underground. I once accidentally stumbled on at queen st going to shields road one evening
Worst 6 minutes of my life .Something else!
As James Forrest uses in his blog today the famous quotes of Ian Archer.. occasional disgrace and permanent embarrassment.its now becoming a permanent disgrace
I use the term the human detritus (as I can’t think of anything more appropriate) which make up the growing lower echelons of that support which are now beyond control thanks to the SFAs failure to sort the whole lot out
Something really serious is going to happen .. imagine it’s another thrashing at the new year?

Thanks . I didn’t see it ..No surprise!
Have you ever tried the pre or post match experience on the Glasgow Underground. I once accidentally stumbled on at queen st going to shields road one evening
Worst 6 minutes of my life .Something else!
As James Forrest uses in his blog today the famous quotes of Ian Archer.. occasional disgrace and permanent embarrassment.its now becoming a permanent disgrace
I use the term the human detritus (as I can’t think of anything more appropriate) which make up the growing lower echelons of that support which are now beyond control thanks to the SFAs failure to sort the whole lot out
Something really serious is going to happen .. imagine it’s another thrashing at the new year?
Being a Govanite I've had the misfortune to undergo that Underground experience. The whole carriage are lustily belting out the Sash and I'm standing there with my face tripping me. Definitely a spot the fenian moment.Started to get a few funny looks and a few growls when I started whistling The Foggy Dew.
Thankfully they were too dumb to appreciate my melodic masterpiece and when they disembarked at Copeland Road I settled for giving them the Vicky as I continued on my merry way to the Tim Republic of Sunny Govan.
Hail hail ??

You obviously get it got them in a good mood
It was a couple of years back about 645 in evening
No idea what they were singing I just know it was utterly obscene and anti catholic .I was wearing a suit and was booted about half a dozen times in the back & severely threatened for not joining in by various obese youths dressed head to toe in orange
3 traumatised young ladies ( trainee lawyers etc) and two Canadian tourists and I survived and escaped at shields road. Looking back I think.. why didn’t I get off at Bridge street and walk ?
And way afterwards whilst leaving I tried to explain to them Scotland’s secret shame
They wanted to go to the police
I told them to forget it .. as half the carriage were probably ‘off duty’
We all agreed to write memo to self .. never ever get on subway on match day.

Years ago I landed in Aberdeen on a Saturday afternoon and headed to the rail station to grab a train back home to glasgow around 5.30/6 pm .arrived at station only to be confronted by the moronic hordes who were on the return journey of their travelling bigot fest at Pittodrie.

I immediately about turned checked into a hotel and got train next morning

You obviously get it got them in a good mood
It was a couple of years back about 645 in evening
No idea what they were singing I just know it was utterly obscene and anti catholic .I was wearing a suit and was booted about half a dozen times in the back & severely threatened for not joining in by various obese youths dressed head to toe in orange
3 traumatised young ladies ( trainee lawyers etc) and two Canadian tourists and I survived and escaped at shields road. Looking back I think.. why didn’t I get off at Bridge street and walk ?
And way afterwards whilst leaving I tried to explain to them Scotland’s secret shame
They wanted to go to the police
I told them to forget it .. as half the carriage were probably ‘off duty’
We all agreed to write memo to self .. never ever get on subway on match day.

March 1986 We were drinking in the Buchanan hotel before heading to Ibrokes for the game that ultimately finished 4-4

We stayed a lil too long in the pub and decided to slip our scarves inside our jackets and jump a subway

Never have done it sober but it all passed off without a hitch

We were even offered swigs of their beer which we politely refused

God looks after saints and fools right enough

HH?

??It was pouring that day if you remember. Hiding the scarves saved the bacon perhaps ?
??It was pouring that day if you remember. Hiding the scarves saved the bacon perhaps ?

It was chucking it down Think that had much to do with our decision to jump the Subway as it was right across the road from Buchanan Hotel lol

1986 must have been a very wet spring as I remember the last day of the season at Love St was the same HH?

Seen this today Verum
I see PMG has written a wee blog dedicated to this . As I posted days ago I take most of his stuff good and entertaining as it is with a pinch of Salt but I have to commend him on his description of the airline staff on TRFC fan flights now as Zookeepers
Superb!

Members online

Latest posts

Back