Scottish Media at its best

Lubos left peg

On my Celtic news feed I recieve notifications when ever Celtic or Scottish football in general is mentioned....to my utter surprise ??? the articles this morning came from the magnificent, on the ball, BBC regarding sectarian singing and coin throwing yesterday. Now I'm not condoning this at all, though seeing fat Kris "mystic" Boyd rolling around the ground after being smashed with a sledgehammer would probably cause me to raise a wee smile.
The very fact that the BBC want to speak about this issue now is a joke. Sectarian songs (and for the record I don't believe rebel songs are sectarian as they do not attack anyone's religion) have been sung constantly, and more so than ever, every single week from the fans who support the entity playing from ibrokes. They have also carried their disgusting songs all over Europe.... The BBC have not felt the need to report any of this to my knowledge. But now fat Kris wants to talk about it...it's all of a sudden an issue. The BBC must have missed the sevco v St Johnstone match the day before.

Also I received notification of "shocking scenes" and "police struggling to hold fans back". Again, I don't really want to see fans invading the pitch but sometimes emotion takes over. I don't recall "shocking scenes" being reported the, what is now?? 3 or 4 times the huns have invaded the pitch...no, I'm sure the words which were reported at the time were "passion" "title race" "gap is closed"......fucking Scottish media ???

It's a dissapointing norm SMSM would rather report on events off the field regarding Celtic at least, rather than the fact we've practically just landed the 2nd of 3 honours this season. When we win the treble treble no doubt the headlines will be ross county have won promotion

It’s all they have. It shows you the depth of their hurting and spewing. Do what I do, laugh like fuck when you see them so desperate. Cunts to a man and woman. Long may the only thing they have to concentrate on has fuck all to do with us winning leagues.

They were so confident they were going to win after we downed tools at Greyskull.

Savour their pain. It’s sweeter than fucking honey.

Ignore them, stuff them and their ABC attitude, they have been at it for years, huns do something its either ignored or its a tiny minority, We do something and its every last one of us thats involved. Once they report evenly and without fear then we can take them seriously, And before the politically correct police arrive, throwing coins or anything for that matter is not on, Singing songs of freedom is fine by me, fat Boyd thinks its sectarian, he is either stupid or a lying shock jock trying to keep himself relevant,or both.

UTLR...

So sky sports news now runnin an interview wae the kille pie muncher every hour
He’s demanding action for the coin throwing also the broken seats
This cretin was on duty for sky the day Sevco played Livingston when a Sevco fan split the linesman head open wae a coin and in ther after match discussion it never even got mentioned
Now the entire SMSM want to have a debate about this GTF ya hypocritical f****rs

That fat hun Lindsay Mathew of the Herald is similarly making a big deal out of yesterday. Never saw a sentence from the pie munching cunt when his beloved sevconians invaded four times, split a lineman’s head open and destroyed the bogs at CP.

If you can tear yourself away from the cakes, show us your outrage when all that happened. You’re just spewing because you know the Sevco All In has been called and all they had was a pair of 2’s.

And the same goes for the Battke of the Boyd. You said fuck all after the linesman got it or your team’s fans invaded.

At least we have the class to wait until we actually win the league. And we have, suck it up in between mars bars you pair of spewing fat fucks.

10iar will only be the start, better get that comfort food in. You’re going to need it.

So sky sports news now runnin an interview wae the kille pie muncher every hour
He’s demanding action for the coin throwing also the broken seats
This cretin was on duty for sky the day Sevco played Livingston when a Sevco fan split the linesman head open wae a coin and in ther after match discussion it never even got mentioned
Now the entire SMSM want to have a debate about this GTF ya hypocritical f****rs
That's why! We need to stop this we are not the Huns and all it does is deflect from a good hard fought win. It also gives the desperate unionist right wing press an opportunity to put boot in.

It’s all a big giant Squirrel to take the heat off Slippy G
Once they lose to Killie in the cup replay, the heat will be turned up to 11. His parentage and religion will be only subject for the peepul.
too many Kafflicks at ibrokes will be the cry !!
the Unseen Hand is at it again they will wail !!
The sound of wailing and gnashing of teeth will be the lullaby that soothes me to sleep ....... With a smile on my face.
That Unseen Hand can be a real bugger .........

On my Celtic news feed I recieve notifications when ever Celtic or Scottish football in general is mentioned....to my utter surprise ??? the articles this morning came from the magnificent, on the ball, BBC regarding sectarian singing and coin throwing yesterday. Now I'm not condoning this at all, though seeing fat Kris "mystic" Boyd rolling around the ground after being smashed with a sledgehammer would probably cause me to raise a wee smile.
The very fact that the BBC want to speak about this issue now is a joke. Sectarian songs (and for the record I don't believe rebel songs are sectarian as they do not attack anyone's religion) have been sung constantly, and more so than ever, every single week from the fans who support the entity playing from ibrokes. They have also carried their disgusting songs all over Europe.... The BBC have not felt the need to report any of this to my knowledge. But now fat Kris wants to talk about it...it's all of a sudden an issue. The BBC must have missed the sevco v St Johnstone match the day before.

Also I received notification of "shocking scenes" and "police struggling to hold fans back". Again, I don't really want to see fans invading the pitch but sometimes emotion takes over. I don't recall "shocking scenes" being reported the, what is now?? 3 or 4 times the huns have invaded the pitch...no, I'm sure the words which were reported at the time were "passion" "title race" "gap is closed"......fucking Scottish media ???
Correct ‘rebel’songs are Irish folk songs ,telling a story about the trials/ tribulations of an Irish people,the history of a nation,songs against crown repression,theirs is just pure filth,the press / media is hurting real bad now, they went full tilt into believing the crap from glib king,where is he by the way? His silence is defending,is he in jail !!!!! plenty egg on the faces now, remember how we were like a house of cards,about to collapse any time soon,the slippy band wagon had rolled into town,!!!!!! They fell for it hook line and sinker,now they don’t have the guts to admit how far off the mark they were !!!!!!!! So they will just continue this shit,water of a ducks back,fck them all, hh

That would raise a smile fae me to Lubo ??

I hope im not repeating someone's post, cringe white is on holiday and I tuned in this morning to find 1 of the topics was whether you deserve a booking for going to the crowd after a goal, fairly balanced argument 2 against 1 in favour of no booking.
A member of the goon platoon phones in, I kid you not, a top shelf moron, and his view was
" you don't see ma teams (sevco) running on the park, Celtic fans are always running on the park, somebody could've been killed"
I was almost rolling about the deck laughing at my work, their pain brings joy to my heart, fair play to the big fella who writes for the mirror for cutting him down in his prime.
The huns and the press are hurting folks and we should savour every minute of their pain.

I hope im not repeating someone's post, cringe white is on holiday and I tuned in this morning to find 1 of the topics was whether you deserve a booking for going to the crowd after a goal, fairly balanced argument 2 against 1 in favour of no booking.
A member of the goon platoon phones in, I kid you not, a top shelf moron, and his view was
" you don't see ma teams (sevco) running on the park, Celtic fans are always running on the park, somebody could've been killed"
I was almost rolling about the deck laughing at my work, their pain brings joy to my heart, fair play to the big fella who writes for the mirror for cutting him down in his prime.
The huns and the press are hurting folks and we should savour every minute of their pain.
IMG-20190217-WA0002.jpg

I will say this: as an American, I am so greatful that the only Scottish news sources I read are the sports desks, and even then only reluctantly. And please don’t take this as a shot at Scotland, it’s culture, or anything else like that, because that’s not my intent. It’s just the the standards of journalism there are so God awful. (Also not to excuse American journalism which in many cases isn’t any better).

I will say this though: I have a couple subscriptions to sites with varying degrees of paywalls, and the paid content is way better quality. I don’t know if there are just different standards, or perhaps more resources at those titles that enable better reporting, but the places with paywalls IMO are worth the nominal price they charge. I’ve actually written to one of them to see if they would consider covering Scottish Football generally, and Celtic specifically. They would run circles around Scottish MSM, although that’s not really saying much...

Also, for those of an older generation, it’s perhaps not a coincidence that the quality of journalism across the globe has been inversely relational to the rise of ‘free’ online ad-supported news websites. Food for thought...

I will say this: as an American, I am so greatful that the only Scottish news sources I read are the sports desks, and even then only reluctantly. And please don’t take this as a shot at Scotland, it’s culture, or anything else like that, because that’s not my intent. It’s just the the standards of journalism there are so God awful. (Also not to excuse American journalism which in many cases isn’t any better).

I will say this though: I have a couple subscriptions to sites with varying degrees of paywalls, and the paid content is way better quality. I don’t know if there are just different standards, or perhaps more resources at those titles that enable better reporting, but the places with paywalls IMO are worth the nominal price they charge. I’ve actually written to one of them to see if they would consider covering Scottish Football generally, and Celtic specifically. They would run circles around Scottish MSM, although that’s not really saying much...

Also, for those of an older generation, it’s perhaps not a coincidence that the quality of journalism across the globe has been inversely relational to the rise of ‘free’ online ad-supported news websites. Food for thought...[/

I believe you are talking in general terms about the ‘standard of journalism’ but the Scottish MSM is corrupt With a big helping handshake from the Masonic lodge for the Establishment here in Scotland - journalism at its worst!

Openly anti Celtic, openly anti RC, so any shot taken at our SMSM would be welcomed by the majority of Celtic fans.

Also, for those of an older generation, it’s perhaps not a coincidence that the quality of journalism across the globe has been inversely relational to the rise of ‘free’ online ad-supported news websites. Food for thought...

Don't apologise for the quality of the Scottish press Ben, you're preaching to the choir mate, most of the press in Britain and the US have an agenda, its nothing new, thats the way life is.
Sadly, in the post truth era, it's definitely getting worse.

Vast majority of the red top media
( especially SMSM)are nothing but glorified click bait sites ,peddling their wares in the hope of catching a few clicks to appease their editor and by extension the folk that advertise with them, they have never hunted down a story and even if they did, it would have to pass a level 5 inspection. Best ignore them they are irrelevant and dying more and more by the day.

The Western world has always prided itself on the "free press" and its ability to hold the major institutions to account. This has been successfully evidenced over the years, particularly during Watergate.

In Scotland, we have the misfortune of having the "Wee Free Press" with all of its evangelical and Presbyterian "wisdom"

As stated on many occasions previously, the fifth estate in this country had (on their very doorstep) a story full of intrigue, fraud, systematic cheating, political persuasion and the fall and death of one of the establishment's prize possessions!

In spite of the potential worldwide interest and exposure, the vast, vast majority of our supposed "journalists" didn't want to touch this story with a shitty stick. It could be suggested that this may be borne out of fear of the possible repurcussions, but the DNA of a true journalist would not allow them to back off from such a scoop.

The reality is that these so-called reporters are shite-hacks who are up to their necks in the same swamp that their loyal readership wallow in.

Print journalism is dead in Scotland and dying throughout the western world. I won't be shedding any tears at this prospect, but I'll definitely be avoiding any other platform that the redundant hacks will be trying to infiltrate.

If it's any consolation to Hugh Keevins, his constant whining about "bampots bloggers" will actually be a true assertion once our intrepid "journalists" enter the blogosphere!

Members online

Latest posts

Back