Rodgers, Backroom Staff and Contracts

Robbyp

I know much has been said about Rogers' 5 year contract and how Celtic should now be compensated by LCFC, but what about the guys that left with him. I presume that they will all have had current contracts too, maybe not 5 years of shelf-life, but current contracts nevertheless. Will Celtic be compensated for their leaving as presumably they will for Rogers?

I suppose this is a scenario that goes on whenever mangers leave clubs and take their assistants etc with them. I just haven't heard mention of it yet. Maybe this would explain Congerton's position. LCFC might be prepared to fork out compensation for Rogers etc, but flatly refused to pay for a guy that had no intention of employing in the first place. In any scenario, Celtic should win. Unless of course, Congerton just sits on his arse and sees his contract out at Celtic, which will net him some money but destroy his future career.

Not a lawyer but I believe that when a compensation package is agreed it is for manager and whoever else he is taking with him.. ie - £6mill for the lot ??

Back