Peter Lawwell.

Brimcbhoy

Ok where was I? Aye, so, a lot of it supposedly goes back to the McGinn transfer. BR wanted him and PL stalled over a couple of mill, so the media story goes. A Couple of MILL? REALLY? Bollocks. Look, do a google on BR and how much he spent/wasted of Liverpools budget. Fucking hundreds of millions on shite. Look at the shite he brought in for us. Ok, he got lucky with Moussa, bjut i'm shite at darts but if i throw enough eventually I might hit a treble 20.
At the end of the day PL didnt have confidence in BR choices, and who can blame him? BR might be turning LEICESTER around right now, but he's not bought a single one of them.

Tan faced, fake toothed, wife stealing, back stabbing, judas cnut.

Ok where was I? Aye, so, a lot of it supposedly goes back to the McGinn transfer. BR wanted him and PL stalled over a couple of mill, so the media story goes. A Couple of MILL? REALLY? Bollocks. Look, do a google on BR and how much he spent/wasted of Liverpools budget. Fucking hundreds of millions on shite. Look at the shite he brought in for us. Ok, he got lucky with Moussa, bjut i'm shite at darts but if i throw enough eventually I might hit a treble 20.
At the end of the day PL didnt have confidence in BR choices, and who can blame him? BR might be turning LEICESTER around right now, but he's not bought a single one of them.

you forgot that pretends he loves everybody
McGinn was not better than our first team players therefore was not a priority, if anything we helped Hibs get better deal by forcing Aston Villa who could put him into their first team and value off on the field.

We couldn't instantly do that
He may have been a good player in coming season for us but I doubt McGinn was getting near our first team regularly enough.

right move was villa

he added value to them they give him first team football and add value vital experience at a slightly higher level

he gets good wage, good exposure and run in team

or he comes to Celtic increases the wage bill sits about 4th choice maybe 5th for start in cm

And probably gets punted as his motivation dies just like Scott Allan fiasco

Had Scott allan signed for English championship club he probably is much better player with much better experience than being bit part here.

Why did Neil Lennon leave his job as Celtic manager? Maybe after beating the best team in the world at that time he reckoned that his stock was high and he'd get a decent job in England? Maybe it was because of the perceived lack of challenge due to the Rangers liquidation, maybe personal reasons or maybe because Celtic weren't looking like matching his ambitions.

Then Ronny got the job, he was impressive at his interview and he was the cheap option.

A combination of Res12 reaching it's peak in terms of fan awareness and losing that penalty shoot out meant that the season ticket sales for the 2016-17 season were going to be challenging to say the least and the pressure on PL was as high as it had ever been. Ronny had missed out on a treble in his first season due to an honest mistake - did he ever get a phone call from McLean apologising for that one? - he also was unfortunate against Malmo in the Champions League qualifiers - we could have gone 3-0 up then blew it. Small margins for him but his time was up when he somehow lost that semi-final, remember the missed chances, wee Paddy's etc?

Res 12 was really awkward for the Celtic Board then perhaps less so now. Yes the new website is up but the media won't touch it, nor will UEFA, the SFA or Celtic so its hard to see where the momentum will come from and with 10IAR on the horizon that will be the supporters' focus. The Board know this.

Rodgers came in and got big wages but he was a level above what we had. Financially the turn-over doubled, Celtic are now a £100m company. We also got £9million from Leicester when he left having won 7 trophies in a row and with us well on the way to 8IAR in league titles.

If you read his book you'll not get very much about Celtic, but plenty about him. He has been attacked for not really being a Celtic man - but he was from a poor family in Northern Ireland in his younger days when there wasn't much live football on the TV and there was no Sky, BT Sport or the like. He got no qualifications at school and left to make a career for himself in England in coaching after an injury ended any chance of a playing career. He succeeded against the odds, he took Spanish lessons and is now practically fluent, he is learning French.

He is a driven individual, a pretty unique character, he puts himself first, not Celtic, Leicester, Swansea or Liverpool.

Football is his business, it was good business by Celtic bringing him in, he has left the squad value much higher than when he arrived. The Invincible Season could probably only be beaten by 1966-67.

Celtic History will be kinder to Rodgers. When it suited him he walked and he put himself before Celtic, there is no doubt about that. He wasn't the first and won't be the last. We all bought into the dream, from the day he arrived and it was a remarkable time following the team domestically. Less so in Europe where he struggled to adapt and the thumping were bad for HIM and Celtic.

He was always going back to England, he should have waited but as I mentioned previously on The Celtic Star, Leicester had a batch of winnable games before playing any of the big teams and he'd have a chance to get wins, build up his momentum for next season, so he left.

He is damaged goods as far as Celtic Supporters are concerned but it was good while it lasted.

Why did Neil Lennon leave his job as Celtic manager? Maybe after beating the best team in the world at that time he reckoned that his stock was high and he'd get a decent job in England? Maybe it was because of the perceived lack of challenge due to the Rangers liquidation, maybe personal reasons or maybe because Celtic weren't looking like matching his ambitions.

Then Ronny got the job, he was impressive at his interview and he was the cheap option.

A combination of Res12 reaching it's peak in terms of fan awareness and losing that penalty shoot out meant that the season ticket sales for the 2016-17 season were going to be challenging to say the least and the pressure on PL was as high as it had ever been. Ronny had missed out on a treble in his first season due to an honest mistake - did he ever get a phone call from McLean apologising for that one? - he also was unfortunate against Malmo in the Champions League qualifiers - we could have gone 3-0 up then blew it. Small margins for him but his time was up when he somehow lost that semi-final, remember the missed chances, wee Paddy's etc?

Res 12 was really awkward for the Celtic Board then perhaps less so now. Yes the new website is up but the media won't touch it, nor will UEFA, the SFA or Celtic so its hard to see where the momentum will come from and with 10IAR on the horizon that will be the supporters' focus. The Board know this.

Rodgers came in and got big wages but he was a level above what we had. Financially the turn-over doubled, Celtic are now a £100m company. We also got £9million from Leicester when he left having won 7 trophies in a row and with us well on the way to 8IAR in league titles.

If you read his book you'll not get very much about Celtic, but plenty about him. He has been attacked for not really being a Celtic man - but he was from a poor family in Northern Ireland in his younger days when there wasn't much live football on the TV and there was no Sky, BT Sport or the like. He got no qualifications at school and left to make a career for himself in England in coaching after an injury ended any chance of a playing career. He succeeded against the odds, he took Spanish lessons and is now practically fluent, he is learning French.

He is a driven individual, a pretty unique character, he puts himself first, not Celtic, Leicester, Swansea or Liverpool.

Football is his business, it was good business by Celtic bringing him in, he has left the squad value much higher than when he arrived. The Invincible Season could probably only be beaten by 1966-67.

Celtic History will be kinder to Rodgers. When it suited him he walked and he put himself before Celtic, there is no doubt about that. He wasn't the first and won't be the last. We all bought into the dream, from the day he arrived and it was a remarkable time following the team domestically. Less so in Europe where he struggled to adapt and the thumping were bad for HIM and Celtic.

He was always going back to England, he should have waited but as I mentioned previously on The Celtic Star, Leicester had a batch of winnable games before playing any of the big teams and he'd have a chance to get wins, build up his momentum for next season, so he left.

He is damaged goods as far as Celtic Supporters are concerned but it was good while it lasted.

Nailed it WC, a tarnished reputation wont erase him from our history, no man is bigger than our club, I can understand fans being angry at him, but some fans comments will leave people thinking what a bunch of ungrateful sods football fans can be.
The problem with Rodgers is that he led the fans of his "dream" club along a certain path, making out he was going to lead us to 10iar. I hope we all learn a lesson from this and realise that when it comes to 'Celtic Minded' people, they wont all have the same integrity as a McNeil or a Burns etc.
Personally I don't give a monkeys who gets us the ten, as long as the job gets done, it's going to be an interesting summer, if NFL wins the cup to complete the treble then I'll be gobsmacked if he doesn't get the job.

Dembele was on our radar before Buck got here. No doubt he helped make it happen, but he never found him. I agree with the shite he brought though. Been saying that for ages.

Enjoyed that perspective.

But you forgot to mention Rodgers the bad dude masquerading as a buddhist, such a beautiful person, Not.

Would have annoyed me less if he was openly more honest when he was peeved about things.

Money means more to him than virtue. But he will tell you he loves virtue.

Talent of man is not in doubt. its his deceit that gets me. its the clandestine midnight escape, right after Celtic is the team for me.

The comment about dying for Leicester fans was icing on the cake.

Enjoyed that perspective.

But you forgot to mention Rodgers the bad dude masquerading as a buddhist, such a beautiful person, Not.

Would have annoyed me less if he was openly more honest when he was peeved about things.

Money means more to him than virtue. But he will tell you he loves virtue.

Talent of man is not in doubt. its his deceit that gets me. its the clandestine midnight escape, right after Celtic is the team for me.

The comment about dying for Leicester fans was icing on the cake.

Did you read his book? It was a pretty awful effort, almost totally lacking in Celtic content. But it really does explain a lot given what has happened. Rodgers puts himself first, he is a multi-millionaire, but craves personal development and improvement and that can be measured in among other things ho much he can earn.

England is the only show in town for him really.

Members online

Latest posts

Back