New European format. Should Celtic increase Capacity?

the main stand contains the essential parts of the stadium. Demolition and renovation means we MUST leave parkhead

How long would it take to demolish and rebuild the main stand. Anyone know? What parts need retained? Planning is crucial. The stand will need replaced and time is not its friend. If we increased capacity from 8,000 to 25,000 we could have 13,000 more season ticket holders which is over 7 Million pounds extra revenue whether the seats are filled or empty. It is not a question of IF. It's a question of WHEN.

This right here ( cut, cropped and pasted from Tartan Tim's post oan the clickbait thread when he wisnae lookng) is the main reason why I think it's an idea the club should be looking at it.

Screenshot_20221005-083724_Chrome.jpg

The 24/25 season sees the tournament expanded from 32 clubs to 36 clubs and into even less of a champions league but the Super League the big group/clubs wanted just not in the way they wanted.

Its going to look crazy , one giant 36 club league table replacing the group stages.
Each club guaranteed 10 games , 5 home 5 away for the new look first phase.
All clubs will play 10 different clubs once instead of 3 teams twice,
5 home 5 away for everyone.

Having all 36 clubs played 10 games the top 8 qualify for the last 16 automatically.
Clubs ranked 9th - 24th will be drawn against each other in a 2legged play off, giving us another 8 clubs in the last 16.
Clubs finishing 24th or lower are out.

For the 2 legged play offs clubs finishing 9th - 16th will be seeded against clubs finishing 17th-24th.
The 8 play off winners will face a top 8 side in the last 16.
From the last 16 onwards it will be a 2 legged ko stages to a neutral final.

This gives Celtic 5 home Champions League games instead of 3 each season.
5 away games also , so right away 4 extra champions league games per season at least.
At least because, if the 10 games/clubs we play against is good enough for us to finish at least 24th , and you've got to be confident of Celtic finishing in the top 24 of 36 then theres an additional 2 play off games meaning 6 home and 6 away games in Europe.

I read that the Europa league and Conferene League are set to follow this new format.

Whatever the expense may be , that amount of games will pay for the main stand renovation in quick time.
10 different opposition clubs keeps the interest going.

The only problem here lies with 50 Shades as captain of the predictor.
This new look format gives 100 additional games so 50!
You might want to send out the emails and get us signed up pronto 😂

The problem with extending CP is the facade of the old main stand, 1) It's a listed building. 2) It's fragile so would need to be secured before any construction started. 3) The cost, estimated £100m.The way construction is going you can probably add 30% to that figure before completion

Liverpoolfc are in the process of expanding the Anfield Road End at a cost of £80mil to add 7,000 seats which 40% will be corporate seats.

If every year the waiting list for season books is over 10k, it's just fucking stupid not to increase the capacity. It would pay for itself with a couple of seasons

The problem with extending CP is the facade of the old main stand, 1) It's a listed building. 2) It's fragile so would need to be secured before any construction started. 3) The cost, estimated £100m.The way construction is going you can probably add 30% to that figure before completion

Liverpoolfc are in the process of expanding the Anfield Road End at a cost of £80mil to add 7,000 seats which 40% will be corporate seats.
You wouldn't have to touch the facade and it would cost nowhere near £100m. Where did celtic get a quote like that, city building?

Has anyone even considered that the (of tag) means that Celtic cannot keep growing as it would hamper the team that plays in ibrox (area close to govan) the government have kinda made it clear, until the team playing in ibrox are debt free then expanstion contracts will be looked at..
Now if CP was extended like every celtic fan knows, there will be empty seats, yet they have been paid for aka long list, now as a generous club let st holders declare that the seat is vacant on the understanding that the seat will be given to schools, charity
Groups who help people from country's that have not been as lucky as ours, now the famous people will need to relocate to the north stand..(Heated seats) big ask?, if i could spend a year two sects from the team that played from close to govan, then yeah they can aswell, answer, YES CELTIC PARK SHOULD BE A FULL STADIUM. Hh.
Thanks Pedro for pointing out that it’s Ibrox the scum play from not Govan I’m sick to death saying this

The current stand is so dated and lacks quality of seating and services. It needs updating not in ten years but asap. 10,000 more season tickets generates millions of pounds extra. It could be rebuilt in a season but we would have to use another stadium for that time. Change needs a driving vision of investment for a better future. I see no such driving vision

It's no from me we struggle to fill the 60 thousand never mind 70 or 75 .....I know we sell out but too many season ticket holders miss games that's why even when it's a sell out you still see loads of spare seats (except certain games) we need to do what rangers and man utd etc do and let the fans sell the seat back to club so that it can go on public sale if they can't make it.......maybe in future if we join bigger league but it would look shit if we had 15 thousand empty seats for 90 percent of the games in Scotland ( not even man utd would have over 70 thousand if they played in Scotland every week)......

It's no from me we struggle to fill the 60 thousand never mind 70 or 75 .....I know we sell out but too many season ticket holders miss games that's why even when it's a sell out you still see loads of spare seats (except certain games) we need to do what rangers and man utd etc do and let the fans sell the seat back to club so that it can go on public sale if they can't make it.......maybe in future if we join bigger league but it would look shit if we had 15 thousand empty seats for 90 percent of the games in Scotland ( not even man utd would have over 70 thousand if they played in Scotland every week)......
It's not about filling the seats . That's a separate issue altogether. It's about generating $8,000,000 extra each and every year. We have enough people wanting season tickets to fill the extra seats. Just get it done.

Tryin' to keep myself from getting too carried away with this one. A jam-packed Paradise, 75 to 80 thousand Jungle Jim's singin' songs in praise of our club, our history, our culture. Financial superiority over the dark side set in perpetuity!

What's not to like?

Would reality match my dreams? Not too sure about that. There would, of course, be times when we would experience most of those dreams above. No question about that. Consistently, though ?

I have my doubts. However, Winter has probably called it correct when he says we're goin' to have to address the stadium situation sooner or later. So why not give those dreams a chance to come to fruition!

From the graveyard to Paradis is a phrase we all know from our glorious history.

How appropriate.

Members online

Latest posts

Back