Leipzig v Celtic - All comments here

HT Madrid 2- 1 shakhtar, stadiums like a morgue.
So used to the CL its just another game for them.
Think we were guilty of failing to capitalise on our chances?
Should see Madrid's.
If they let 2 points slip against shakhtar before we get to play them, the games a bogey.
Tbf Madrid look like they will go on and win comfortably , I'll feel a wee bit better when they do that

HT Madrid 2- 1 shakhtar, stadiums like a morgue.
So used to the CL its just another game for them.
Think we were guilty of failing to capitalise on our chances?
Should see Madrid's.
If they let 2 points slip against shakhtar before we get to play them, the games a bogey.
Tbf Madrid look like they will go on and win comfortably , I'll feel a wee bit better when they do that
Trust me Winter never in doubt.......?
?????

Watching Man City destroying the Danes
Big Haaland, strolling through this game, he's already bagged two and if the defender hadn't put it in hos own net, the big man was there to knock it home
He's some player, and knows where the net is
Mon the City...6-0 on the predictor
;-)
He's something else D, everytime you think you've seen it all, what the game can offer in players like Larsson, Ronaldo, Messi, Modric and more recently the likes of Mbappe , along comes Haaland and blows all preconceptions away .

Course it helps to be in that team but hes really hit the ground sprinting flat out.
His immediate impact puts the likes of Aguero etc in the shade, some player, fantastic instinctive striker

Second half tonight was awful, just not in the game. What is the point in playing high risk attacking football if you cannot take your chances?

I think it is inconceivable to continue playing this system at this level. We aren't going to beat Leipzig at home and Shaktar is our only hope for a win now.

I know it's CL football, but in this group I thought we would do better.

Second half tonight was awful, just not in the game. What is the point in playing high risk attacking football if you cannot take your chances?

I think it is inconceivable to continue playing this system at this level. We aren't going to beat Leipzig at home and Shaktar is our only hope for a win now.

I know it's CL football, but in this group I thought we would do better.

HH 🙄

it looked like the bodo glimt game.
Coped slightly better not much though. They again had plenty of big terminators in the side.
it was like that daft punk song Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

biggest credit to Christopher Nkunku, he ran us ragged.

When it comes to these superhero types we really need to keep the slackness to a minimum.
keep our movement agile and correct. passing crisp.
Cover and bomb our guts up to match pace or runs and anticipate a slotted goal. We didnt.

I watched checked runs - if they had continued we could of defended.

We did catch them on the break but its becoming painfully obvious we don't have cool as ice finishers at the club. The tag "lethal" has only been gifted to our 2nd choice LBs driving...

As far as I'm concerned these missed chances are way passed the mistake range of pish.
The squad will adapt and grow but the instinct shooting drills aren't working.
Ange needs to sort this pronto.

We did ourselves no favours tonight but its a stand up and be counted moment.
The guys that start banging in the goals stay in the team from now on such is the fluffery on display.

We lost the battle in mf tonight and struggled with the pace of the front line.
for me that's on Ange a bit. We simply shouldn't of been that high. we corrected later but the shellshock had set in. Calmac off was a disaster.

All things considered and for me to feel this way against the jerry big boys on form is in reflection fair and where we need to push to be at.

Could of been 5 tonight. Not enough of the lads kept the heed.

We march on and a big weekend result is expected

We got what we deserved
We are not a CL team
Our passing at times was woeful
Brain cramp from Hart and we go from celebrating their goal being chalked off, within a minute to 2-1 down
They strolled it and we are not in the same league
Nkunku, some player
Had it 1-1 on the predictor but our midfield was non existent against them tonight
Could easily have been a bigger loss
Don't forget the carved us open all game, and had two goals chalked off
Hate when we don't show up, even with CCV and Carl Starfelt out, but we're out of our depth at the top table
Imagine what Manchester City would have done to us, or PSG
We lost, we move on
Aye tis true unfortunately, I'm a wee bit surprised by the reaction to this defeat as well.
The " we are Celtic and should be able to compete with them" confuses me .
Why are we suddenly able to compete with a side full of top drawer players?

The subs they made, Poulson,Haidara, Forsberg would all walk straight into our starting XI no problem.
Its disappointing that we couldnt match them for longer than we did , and for the time we did I was impressed by that thought we played decent fitba.
So did they though , away this was always a tough ask and we compounded matters by lending a helping hand.

We dont have the quality they have and missing what quality we do have makes it tougher.
I don't buy the cos we are Celtic we should automatically be better.
Takes time to build a better quality side, more time than Ange has yet had.
Probably a good number of millions of bucks investment as well into this young Celtic team.
Theres good signs of progress , and its encouraging to see the opportunities we made, realistically though 3rd place for us is an achievement at this level should we make 3rd place.
The performance against Madrid , good as it was has maybe been overhyped a wee bit, or gone to the head for some, mind we lost that game 3nil at home.

Weve played the three opponents and can feel disappointed to be only sitting with the 1 point, but Leipzig deserved the points , they're not unbeatable,
with our fans behind us and hopefully a couple back we can do better at CP.

This is a new experience for the vast majority of our players, the champions league level.
We havent looked out of place but we have a way to go yet.
A win against them next week would be as remarkable a result as the last win against them here .
Shakhtar are the real opposition for 3rd they're a side we can definately mix it with.
We move on and stick to the plan with the players weve done well to bring in.
Always thought weve arrived here a season early anyway, hopefully this champions league experience will serve this group well for future assaults

The team haven't been firing on all cylinders for the last few games so expecting them to find that magic touch against Leipzig was maybe asking too much. There are a few players under performing to the standards they set earlier we just need them to find that form quickly the next 2 games in the CL are vital now to wether we end up playing European football after the groups.

The team haven't been firing on all cylinders for the last few games so expecting them to find that magic touch against Leipzig was maybe asking too much. There are a few players under performing to the standards they set earlier we just need them to find that form quickly the next 2 games in the CL are vital now to wether we end up playing European football after the groups.
True
We are being 'found out' when we try to mix it with the big boys
It takes time of course, and we just have to be patient and reel in our expectations
It's the difference between good players and great players
Financially, we can't compete with most of the CL teams, but the main prize every season is the league imho
The Euro nights under the lights are spectacular, but going to Dingwall and places in the middle of winter, in the cold, rain, wind, is where our bread & butter is, win those games, win the title, and attract great players to our club, for the opportunity to shine on the big stage
It's a process, and big Ange has done us proud
We're not making excuses, but the injuries to key players have hampered our progress in Europe
That, and some of the brainfarts from players, but we'll come good, no doubt
On to the league again this weekend
COYBIG

Last edited:
Back