It's important we stay on message

Imatim

It's apparent to most of us that there are many trying desperately hard to deflect matters away from the cheating and corruption that is endemic in Scottish governance.

I trust you agree that it is important we keep our focus on the things that matter and that is the cheating and corruption we are continually experiencing and witnessing.

Those that wish us ill will do all in their power to destabilise us and divert matters from the truth. They may even be among us.

Constructive criticism is healthy and should always be encouraged.....if it goes beyond that then there is most probably an alterior motive at play and you can bet it's not in the best interests of Celtic.

Let's stay tuned in to what is required to rid ourselves of the stench of corruption we all know exists in Scottish Football.

No distractions!

Hail Hail my friends in Celtic

Great post Imatim. I've been surprised at how many people I've found on Celtic Noise who have put the corruption in Scottish football down to just "shitty refs, poor decision making" and a "poorly run game in Scotland"....like they believe Celtic have just been really really unlucky.
I have friends down south where I now live who had no interest in the Scottish game. In the last 8 years they have spent a bit of time watching matches with me...Man United fans. Chelsea fans. Liverpool fans. No connections to Celtic at all. They called it corruption as they watched Rangers die and sevco being born. They called it corruption as Rangers were found guilty of cheating but weren't punished. They called corruption as the survival lie was born. They have watched games with me where the refs were "really poor" over and over and over again and called it for what it was. Corruption. So it amazes me that "Celtic fans" who have apparently supported Celtic for their whole lives and seen a lot more than I have in my 31 years come on here and try to convince us all that we are just a wee bit paranoid.

Great post Imatim. I've been surprised at how many people I've found on Celtic Noise who have put the corruption in Scottish football down to just "shitty refs, poor decision making" and a "poorly run game in Scotland"....like they believe Celtic have just been really really unlucky.
I have friends down south where I now live who had no interest in the Scottish game. In the last 8 years they have spent a bit of time watching matches with me...Man United fans. Chelsea fans. Liverpool fans. No connections to Celtic at all. They called it corruption as they watched Rangers die and sevco being born. They called it corruption as Rangers were found guilty of cheating but weren't punished. They called corruption as the survival lie was born. They have watched games with me where the refs were "really poor" over and over and over again and called it for what it was. Corruption. So it amazes me that "Celtic fans" who have apparently supported Celtic for their whole lives and seen a lot more than I have in my 31 years come on here and try to convince us all that we are just a wee bit paranoid.
Another well-balanced and valid response, Lubo.

I believe that there are supporters, like myself, who have become a bit immune to the corruption, as it has become a natural state of being in Scottish football.

What used to be as subtle as a brick being thrown through a window, has become as subtle as a wrecking ball coming to take out your whole house.

At least it was slightly more covert in the days before saturation TV coverage, nowadays - it is as overt as can possibly be.

I've always compensated for that, by enjoying our victories even more, knowing that they came in spite of the obstacles thrown in our way and that no 'unseen hand' was aiding us in any way.

I am naturally concerned that what happens on the field of play may not directly influence the outcome of this season. I do believe that there is a concerted effort to derail our efforts, but I think we knew that that was inevitable and perhaps we have not adequately prepared for that eventuality.

I have family in Merseyside, they have a preference towards Celtic, but tend to support the local sides. They can't believe that it's allowed to unfold the way it does up here and they still can't understand how the association allows it to happen.

It's only when you educate them that the agenda is driven By that association, that it begins to make any sense to them.

As Liverpool fans, they understand the manipulative power of the national media, it's taken them 30-years (and counting) in their quest for accountability because they found out that they weren't fighting one institution, but the whole rotten lot of them.

I don't know how much power we have, but it would be nice to think that by targeting the appropriate bodies (advertisers and other revenue streams), we may influence change in some way or another.

All we can focus on just now, is to keep winning in spite of the corruption and to use each victory as a giant shitty stick to beat them with

So true Lubo! We also need to remember that our very presence killed rfc and we now need to end the life of newco. We need a two pronged attack: On the field with a realistic investment plan which will win us the title and a chance of CLQ in the summer. Off the field with a robust attitude of pointing out the inconsistencies in public. Put the authorities, sevco and the rest of the clubs in Scotland on the defensive, ask them the difficult questions. Like our great Celtic tradition - ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

Another well-balanced and valid response, Lubo.

I believe that there are supporters, like myself, who have become a bit immune to the corruption, as it has become a natural state of being in Scottish football.

What used to be as subtle as a brick being thrown through a window, has become as subtle as a wrecking ball coming to take out your whole house.

At least it was slightly more covert in the days before saturation TV coverage, nowadays - it is as overt as can possibly be.

I've always compensated for that, by enjoying our victories even more, knowing that they came in spite of the obstacles thrown in our way and that no 'unseen hand' was aiding us in any way.

I am naturally concerned that what happens on the field of play may not directly influence the outcome of this season. I do believe that there is a concerted effort to derail our efforts, but I think we knew that that was inevitable and perhaps we have not adequately prepared for that eventuality.

I have family in Merseyside, they have a preference towards Celtic, but tend to support the local sides. They can't believe that it's allowed to unfold the way it does up here and they still can't understand how the association allows it to happen.

It's only when you educate them that the agenda is driven By that association, that it begins to make any sense to them.

As Liverpool fans, they understand the manipulative power of the national media, it's taken them 30-years (and counting) in their quest for accountability because they found out that they weren't fighting one institution, but the whole rotten lot of them.

I don't know how much power we have, but it would be nice to think that by targeting the appropriate bodies (advertisers and other revenue streams), we may influence change in some way or another.

All we can focus on just now, is to keep winning in spite of the corruption and to use each victory as a giant shitty stick to beat them with

Had a conversation with my old man last night. He told me not to panic. Celtic have overcome this corruption for years. The main argument was actually about the board and their reluctance to strengthen the team. He spoke about Jock Stein and his "If we are good enough the refs don't matter" comment. My worry is that the referees and the SFA smell blood this season. Celtic haven't played particularly well. Hence the reason I believe the corruption has gone into overdrive. To the point the powers that be are barely even bothering their arses to cover it up. They have seen how inactive our board has been over the last decade to stand up for our club. If we don't strengthen the squad in January I believe it's about to get a whole lot worse in terms of stopping us winning the league this season.

Trust your instincts Lubo.

Hail Hail

It's apparent to most of us that there are many trying desperately hard to deflect matters away from the cheating and corruption that is endemic in Scottish governance.

I trust you agree that it is important we keep our focus on the things that matter and that is the cheating and corruption we are continually experiencing and witnessing.

Those that wish us ill will do all in their power to destabilise us and divert matters from the truth. They may even be among us.

Constructive criticism is healthy and should always be encouraged.....if it goes beyond that then there is most probably an alterior motive at play and you can bet it's not in the best interests of Celtic.

Let's stay tuned in to what is required to rid ourselves of the stench of corruption we all know exists in Scottish Football.

No distractions!

Hail Hail my friends in Celtic

I agree pal great post imatim. HH ☘️

Back