International Call Ups This Month

Gary67

When asked, Japanese based journalist Dan Orlowitz said he thinks the chances of Celtic players being called up for Japan are
Kyogo 100%
Maeda 30-35%
Hatate 25-30%
Ideguchi 0%
A bit more hopeful than the line being peddled by our esteemed press that all 4 will miss the 3 games (Hearts a, DU h and Sevco h)
Rogic, and McGree if he signs, will also be away with Australia for these games.
Still enough to request a postponement but never going to happen or be granted.

I seen that Gary and that would be my take on it re who gets called up based on the journos who are actually working in Japan. Having listened to Ange I think both he and Celtic would have surely discussed this in some detail. I don't think Ange will call for any postponement. We can't afford imo to postpone games and have a sycological gap allowing the imposters to pull further away regardless of games in hand and the schedule headache that would ensue. I get it losing Kyogo and Rogic in any of these games is sore but if Jota is available and Maeda is also in there without any further injury then the message is we go to war and give everything to get 9 points from this block of 3 games and the charge will be on. Of course we will need the support back in the stands as well to play thier part. Alot of ifs and buts i know but we just need to find a way to get full points anything else will set us back too far imo.

I think what has been revealing over his first few months is that he’s not a man for making excuses or ‘getting violins out’.
It’s been evident that he’s drumming into players, never mind excuses, go out and ‘play our football and just win the game’.
he’s mentioned quite a few times now about building resilience.
IMO he won’t ask for the postponement as it flies in the face of the message he’s giving the team.

Last edited:
I think what has been revealing over his first few months is that he’s not a man for making excuses or ‘getting violins out’.
What’s been evident is what he’s drumming into players, never mind excuses, go out and ‘play our football and just win the game’.
he’s mentioned quite a few times now about building resilience.
IMO he won’t ask for the postponement as it flies in the face of what he’s telling the team
Spot on ...captures it well G-love 👍

I’ve seen it reported that under FIFA rules, if any club has 3 or more players away on international duty, then their club can request a postponement, and that postponement if requested, has to be granted.

If indeed correct, I wonder if those promoting that no postponement can and will be granted has checked if this is the case?.....or is it another case of the SMSM and their acolytes making it up to suit their particular agenda?...

I’ve seen it reported that under FIFA rules, if any club has 3 or more players away on international duty, then their club can request a postponement, and that postponement if requested, has to be granted.

If indeed correct, I wonder if those promoting that no postponement can and will be granted has checked if this is the case?.....or is it another case of the SMSM and their acolytes making it up to suit their particular agenda?...
I’m sure the question had been asked but as I said earlier when asked by a reporter in December about postponement ange did say he’s not asking for a postponement for missing players
‘We’ll just get on with it’ was the phrase I think he used

When asked, Japanese based journalist Dan Orlowitz said he thinks the chances of Celtic players being called up for Japan are
Kyogo 100%
Maeda 30-35%
Hatate 25-30%
Ideguchi 0%
A bit more hopeful than the line being peddled by our esteemed press that all 4 will miss the 3 games (Hearts a, DU h and Sevco h)
Rogic, and McGree if he signs, will also be away with Australia for these games.
Was just scaremongering Gary mate was always gonny be 2 out the 4 at most then bit rogic so we might be without 3 players all in

My understanding Imatim is your entitled to ask for a postponement, but the decision still remains within the SPFL as to weather it will be granted, never a problem for European countries or south American countries as they tend to arrange matches for the same shutdown.
Also I don't believe any team would get a match cancelled with the ACONS currently on either atm.
Believe Ange has enough faith and confidence now with the strength of the squad by adding the extra quality to it already, that he feels comfortable to be able to handle any disruptions to us and still to be able to overcome such obstacles placed in front of us still.

My understanding Imatim is your entitled to ask for a postponement, but the decision still remains within the SPFL as to weather it will be granted, never a problem for European countries or south American countries as they tend to arrange matches for the same shutdown.
Also I don't believe any team would get a match cancelled with the ACONS currently on either atm.
Believe Ange has enough faith and confidence now with the strength of the squad by adding the extra quality to it already, that he feels comfortable to be able to handle any disruptions to us and still to be able to overcome such obstacles placed in front of us still.

The word “may” is part of the official wording in the FIFA rules regarding a clubs request for a postponement of game(s)

The word “may” is potentially being taken out of context here by some for their own agendas…..does it refer to “may” being discretionary at the whim of the local Federation…..or does it refer to it being at the discretion of the club if they meet the relevant criteria for requesting a postponement…..if it’s the latter…..any club who meets the criteria as per FIFA rules Re this topic is certain to be granted a postponement if they make said request.

We shall see soon enough how this pans out…..we’ve learned not to take the SMSM at face value…..this just “may” be another of those times…

I would do it just to piss sevco off

Kyogo 100%
Maeda 30-35%
Hatate 25-30%
Ideguchi 0%

This Gary does not look so good,we are going from 3 games with possibly 3 players missing to
potentially 6 games with the same players missing,I cant see Ange asking for a postponement I think he will bite the bullet and get on with the season ahead..

HH

Back