HUNS WILL BE KICKING THEMSELVES

BILLCOWIE1958

After our toothless 0-0 draw against Livingston yesterday SEVCO players management and HOARDES will be rueing their inability to lay a glove on us points wise last Sunday
I say points wise because in many other aspects their gloves welll mitts were certainly all over us or all over our captain at least

If the HUNS manage an away victory at Murderwell today our lead will be reduced to 11 points and our goal difference which is currently +7 will also diminish depending on the degree of HUN scoring ability

Should we be overly concerned that our scoring disfunction may ultimately cost us 8 IAR?

Let's consider the scenarios.....

We currently sit 14 points clear with SEVCO having the chance today to possibly cut our lead to 11 points with 5 games and 15 points remaining to be won

If Celtic were to draw these 5 remaining games and SEVCO were to win 4/5 of their remaining 5 games after today's encounter we would still be Champions by 3 points

If SEVCO were to win their 5 post split games and we drew 4/5 and lost to SEVCO then they would win the Title by 1 point

With arguably their 2 most threatening operators (footballing not physically) out of the equation today and Moreorless missing for a further 2 matches their firepower will be diminished substantially and unlike ourselves who USUALLY have goalscorers chipping in from various positions I think that SEVCO will struggle to take maximum points in the Title run in despite 3/5 of their remaining fixtures being at their own tip They also have to play Kilmarnock on that horrible AstroTurf pitch at Rugby Park in the last day of the League Season

Had we drawn with them last Sunday or God forbid lost to them then the entire landscape of the end of season clashes could have been a whole lot different

One saving factor in our recent inability to score barrel loads is the abiity of Scott Bain and our defence to minimise our loss of goals

Unlike many of our opponents we don't 'park the bus' but since the turn of the year we have only lost 3 goals domestically 2 of those from outfield play and 1 of those v Murderwell was a Liberty taken against us

So....... as bleak as our performances recently may or may not have been in some people's eyes I don't feel as though we should be contemplating or engaging in any wrist slashing just at the moment

As far as the 2 possible remaining Scottish Cup encounters are concerned I believe that they will take care of themselves in as much as we usually seem to be able to do enough through our winning mentality to get the job done

Granted 2 x 0-0 home draws in recent weeks hasn't been ideal but if opponents don't score against us they can't beat us no matter how ineffective our goal scoring is

There is of course the possibilities of Penalties in both the Semi Final and the Final but as they say 'Let's just concentrate on the next game'...... Against Aberdeen at Hampden in 7 day's time

Would you rather be in SEVCO's position chasing a misfiring opponent who have a substantial lead or be in OUR position with a healthy lead which we can increase if we go about things as we know we can?

Lenny has 7 days to get our Bhoys up for a game in which Aberdeen I'm sure will fancy their chances but our Pride Momentum and visions of an unprecedented TREBLE TREBLE will see us through to the Final where I believe we'll face Hearts but as they say 'that's for another day'

HH?

After our toothless 0-0 draw against Livingston yesterday SEVCO players management and HOARDES will be rueing their inability to lay a glove on us points wise last Sunday
I say points wise because in many other aspects their gloves welll mitts were certainly all over us or all over our captain at least

If the HUNS manage an away victory at Murderwell today our lead will be reduced to 11 points and our goal difference which is currently +7 will also diminish depending on the degree of HUN scoring ability

Should we be overly concerned that our scoring disfunction may ultimately cost us 8 IAR?

We currently sit 14 points clear with SEVCO having the chance today to possibly cut our lead to 11 points with 5 games and 15 points remaining to be won

If Celtic were to draw these 5 remaining games and SEVCO were to win 4/5 of their remaining 5 games after today's encounter we would still be Champions by 3 points

If SEVCO were to win their 5 post split games and we drew 4/5 and lost to SEVCO then they would win the Title by 1 point

With arguably their 2 most threatening operators (footballing not physically) out of the equation today and Moreorless missing for a further 2 matches their firepower will be diminished substantially and unlike ourselves who USUALLY have goalscorers chipping in from various positions I think that SEVCO will struggle to take maximum points in the Title run in despite 3/5 of their remaining fixtures being at their own tip They also have to play Kilmarnock on that horrible AstroTurf pitch at Rugby Park in the last day of the League Season

Had we drawn with them last Sunday or God forbid lost to them then the entire landscape of the end of season clashes could have been a whole lot different

One saving factor in our recent inability to score barrel loads is the abiity of Scott Bain and our defence to minimise our loss of goals

Unlike many of our opponents we don't 'park the bus' but since the turn of the year we have only lost 3 goals domestically 2 of those from outfield play and 1 of those v Murderwell was a Liberty taken against us

So....... as bleak as our performances recently may or may not have been in some people's eyes I don't feel as though we should be contemplating or engaging in any wrist slashing just at the moment

As far as the 2 possible remaining Scottish Cup encounters are concerned I believe that they will take care of themselves in as much as we usually seem to be able to do enough through our winning mentality to get the job done

Granted 2 x 0-0 home draws in recent weeks hasn't been ideal but if opponents don't score against us they can't beat us no matter how ineffective our goal scoring is

There is of course the possibilities of Penalties in both the Semi Final and the Final but as they say 'Let's just concentrate on the next game'...... Against Aberdeen at Hampden in 7 day's time

Would you rather be in SEVCO's position chasing a misfiring opponent who have a substantial lead or be in OUR position with a healthy lead which we can increase if we go about things as we know we can?

Lenny has 7 days to get our Bhoys up for a game in which Aberdeen I'm sure will fancy their chances but our Pride Momentum and visions of an unprecedented TREBLE TREBLE will see us through to the Final where I believe we'll face Hearts but as they say 'that's for another day'

HH?
Good post Bill(y)

HH?
Fair enuf pt Bill bit if we drew 4 of our last 5 games & lost tae them & they won all 5 (6 if u include 2day) then we wd be tied on 81 pts & it wd come down tae GD probably in their favour!

Having said aw that they have bn gonny dae this & gonny dae that aw season but yet again they canny win mare than 2 iar & even then its against the DROSS!!

We nd a COMPLETE overhaul & its CLEAR tae me that Rodgers wiz offski after the Fiasco wae Athens which cost us £30M! Clearly then he was biding his time tae the 1st mid table EPL job came up & low & behold there he has Leicester in 7th, their highest since winning the league!

He DEFO MUST have sumit although we were WOEFUL to watch under him as well & an EMBARRESSMENT in Europe!

Whoever gets the job has tae find a right bak (Lustig just not gd enuf & dun) Cover at left bak, 2/3 Centre Halfs, An outside left & 2 strikers..No easy task!!

We MUST QUALIFY fur the Champions Lg & shut up shop against the Elite if we're tae progress out the Groups!!

Thats fur nxt yr however, in the meantime lets do Hibs & Killie, Aberdeen & Hearts & celebrate an unprecedented Treble Treble..HH☘☘☘☘

HH?
The players are never going to drop all those points, we are undefeated at CP, still it is dissapointing and not surprising anyone that result. The Aberdeen games different , a big game the players will be chomping at the bit for selection. Must credit livi also against us this season they have performed really well keeper especially. I still believe for lenny he doesn't know his best XI yet so is probably going to be sticking to BRs best XI as was his remit when he got the job. That's what folk have to remember, lenny ultimately is here 1st to see us over the line and he's undefeated so tick that box, if he can deliver the cup then magnificent but folk must remember we're lucky to have him at all right now HH

The players are never going to drop all those points, we are undefeated at CP, still it is dissapointing and not surprising anyone that result. The Aberdeen games different , a big game the players will be chomping at the bit for selection. Must credit livi also against us this season they have performed really well keeper especially. I still believe for lenny he doesn't know his best XI yet so is probably going to be sticking to BRs best XI as was his remit when he got the job. That's what folk have to remember, lenny ultimately is here 1st to see us over the line and he's undefeated so tick that box, if he can deliver the cup then magnificent but folk must remember we're lucky to have him at all right now HH
First off all agree with most of what you say, but Lenny has not had OUR best team to pick from, so the teams he's picked is the best available to him so he's not done to bad, now the cup games are different somehow?? And it's all Aberdeen have left to play for this season they will be all up for it. The only question left is has our Celtic team been holding back for this match these last two weeks or have we really stagnated since rhat boy left????

Aberdeen will not be easy they will be up for the game. So will we be. In a word yes biggest problem I see with the Traitor’s departure. Do the Players themselves see NFL
Getting the job.
Yes we’re dominating possession,still creating
Chances.
But if the players don’t think NFLs getting the Job. Will they go that extra yard for him.
So far not sure they are.
But we’re not losing so as I’ve said Time for Calm Heads.
But DD+PL make a decision Asap that will help
The Fans.
Show which direction your taking the Club
And who’ll be the Driver o the Celtic bus.
Mon the Hoops.

HH ☘️

Aberdeen will view this game as the best opportunity to beat us due to us playing in 1st gear since Rogers left, and to be fair before he left.

Injuries have hampered us greatly and I am hoping with those returning to the team get up to speed soon, and by soon I mean next Sunday.

If we don’t this levels the playing field. Yesterday was another huff and over puff performance. If teams play behind the ball then we need our fast passing and movement around the box to be crisper. We need players to take a player on rather than abdicate the responsibility by passing it back or sideways.

That’s meat and drink to a well marshalled back 11. The problem is we continue with an approach that isn’t working. Players need to stand up take the ball and beat at least one player to open up a space. The final ball, corners and set pieces are predictable and totally ineffectual. Especially corners, which are a total waste of time. We don’t even look close to meeting the ball never mind scoring.

I’m hoping we click next week and if we do we will beat them by a few goals, however, , if we don’t, it will be a nervy afternoon requiring vast quantities of ale and maybe a Valium or two.

Like Sandman said, we drew 0-0 with Dundee this time last year so lets get it right, we WILL be Champions very soon, but at Celtic thats not enough, we MUST put in a performance, the fans demand it. Most of the player have been here for a number of years so they know whats expected of them.
Personally I think the uncertainty of the Management is affecting the team. Get this thing won and make a decision.

If the huns are kicking themselves, Bill, they're deluded.

For the whole of last season we accrued 82 points and won the title. This season we're sititng on 77 with 5 games to play. Fair bet we'll eclipse that total.

By Celtic's standards - especially the first half of the season, we've been poor but the stats since New Year are excellent. To go from the worst start in 20 years to the brink of the title with games to spare is admirable; a refelection on the players' collective mentality , NOT the jump-ship rat.

The Huns are resigned once more to 'if yer auntie had baws she'd be yer uncle pointless revisionism'.

Nice tae see the auld Well lyin doon like the Mini Sevco tae mk the pub team look gd ?????..Thank Fuk Killie, Don's & Hibeez will be trying after the split! Wd just give them the 3 pts at Tynecastle 1st game..Fukin Non trying Bastards!!?????..Beat Don's, Hibs & Killie & its ??feet up time tae ?Cup Final after PUMPIN them at Diepox!!??????

If the huns are kicking themselves, Bill, they're deluded.

For the whole of last season we accrued 82 points and won the title. This season we're sititng on 77 with 5 games to play. Fair bet we'll eclipse that total.

By Celtic's standards - especially the first half of the season, we've been poor but the stats since New Year are excellent. To go from the worst start in 20 years to the brink of the title with games to spare is admirable; a refelection on the players' collective mentality , NOT the jump-ship rat.

The Huns are resigned once more to 'if yer auntie had baws she'd be yer uncle pointless revisionism'.

Well going by today's result the gap will be 11 after their match finishes
Had they beaten us last Sunday the gap would now be 5 and we still have to play them at their midden and if they were to win that then the gap would be 2 points Not insurmountable with 4 other games to be taken into account and with us having dropped 4 points at home in the last few weeks you can bet that their tails would have been well up

BUT THEY DIDN'T BEAT US AND THAT'S WHY THEY WILL BE KICKNG THEMSELVES

Strange how an odd goal in a particular match can change the landscape of an entire season

You're correct They would be deluded and they ARE deluded but if we'd blown a 10 point lead what would that have said about US?

HH?

Members online

Latest posts

Back