Griffiths gone…… a sad end to something that could have been legendary!

Has had his remaining contact paid out, now a free agent, Terrible waste of an outstanding talent, I know he has mental heal issues, but he’s his own worst enemy…..
Thanks got the memories, the Huns skelping….the tying the Celtic scarfs around hun goalposts, wiping yir nose on hun corner flags, the winding up endless Huns
All the best in the next phase of your career 🍀💚
5DD04B8D-8B0E-45C2-892C-C8C70CD8A710.jpeg8D335B0B-8F47-4BFB-9622-D359836C52AB.jpeg

Such a shame for what could have been and for the lad himself as I seriously doubt he has invested the money he made in his career wisely. The lad was capable of moments of absolute genius on the field but was hampered by his lack of ability off the field. What the fuck is it with Hibs like; Georgie Best, Griff, Stokesie, Riordan, O Connor, Miller. I'd be demanding a recount if I was young Hendo.

Such a shame for what could have been and for the lad himself as I seriously doubt he has invested the money he made in his career wisely. The lad was capable of moments of absolute genius on the field but was hampered by his lack of ability off the field. What the fuck is it with Hibs like; Georgie Best, Griff, Stokesie, Riordan, O Connor, Miller. I'd be demanding a recount if I was young Hendo.
He had all the makings of a genius of a striker and that’s no exaggeration had a wand for a foot when on his game a real waste

He had all the makings of a genius of a striker and that’s no exaggeration had a wand for a foot when on his game a real waste

Griff has some issues that he will hopefully get some help with. He is like a throw back to many 1960s/70s players who got by purely on raw talent alone without much hard work once they "made it".

Thanks for the wonderful memories Griff and please enjoy your life. And stop being such a prick.

20200503_100958.jpg

Has had his remaining contact paid out, now a free agent, Terrible waste of an outstanding talent, I know he has mental heal issues, but he’s his own worst enemy…..
Thanks got the memories, the Huns skelping….the tying the Celtic scarfs around hun goalposts, wiping yir nose on hun corner flags, the winding up endless Huns
All the best in the next phase of your career 🍀💚
View attachment 17296View attachment 17297
He was brilliant back then but he lost his focus unfortunately

Mental health issues can strike anyone at anytime. There are no class or colour boundaries. People don't wish for it for themselves and living day to day like the rest of us just isn't an option when you're ill.
I hope he gets help to continue his career somewhere.

Thanks for the memories LG.

As I’ve said before, LG’s hardest battle lies ahead, when his football career ends completely.
I think we all agree he has been his own worst enemy, but a lot of his problems stem from obvious mental health issues.
His love for the club was clear for all to see, when at the top of his game, easily the best Scottish striker by a mile.
He has given me many more great memories than bad, so I genuinely wish him all the best, particularly when he no longer has the routine of a professional footballer.
You just need to look at the likes of the Gascoigne’s of this world to see how mental health can destroy a person when the love and adoration is gone.
Good luck LG and thanks for the memories.

When he was on his game and focused there was no one better. Unfortunately as his mental health issues deteriorated so do his off field behaviour and fitness. will always cherish his huns keeping days at ibrokes. I hope he gets and accepts the help he needs. Thanks for the memories Griff and I hope you have a healthy future

As I’ve said before, LG’s hardest battle lies ahead, when his football career ends completely.
I think we all agree he has been his own worst enemy, but a lot of his problems stem from obvious mental health issues.
His love for the club was clear for all to see, when at the top of his game, easily the best Scottish striker by a mile.
He has given me many more great memories than bad, so I genuinely wish him all the best, particularly when he no longer has the routine of a professional footballer.
You just need to look at the likes of the Gascoigne’s of this world to see how mental health can destroy a person when the love and adoration is gone.
Good luck LG and thanks for the memories.
See that the thing with players like him they tend not to invest any money or even put some away its all spent in the here and now got a feeling he will be toiling for a wage wen he's done playing he sbud maybe get over to the US for a total new start away from everybody

Still top scorer since SPFL started.

RankPlayerClub(s)[note 4]Apps.GoalsRatio
1​
Scotland Leigh Griffiths[note 5]Celtic (2014–)
Dundee (2021–)
186​
92​
0.49​
2​
France Odsonne ÉdouardCeltic (2017–2021)
116​
66​
0.57​
=​
Republic of Ireland Adam Rooney[note 5]Aberdeen (2014–2018)
151​
66​
0.44​
4​
Colombia Alfredo MorelosRangers (2017–)
138​
64​
0.46​
5​
Northern Ireland Billy Mckay[note 5]Inverness Caledonian Thistle (2013–2015; 2016–2017)
Dundee United (2015–2016)
Ross County (2017–2018; 2019–2021)
183​
58​
0.32​
6​
Northern Ireland Liam BoyceRoss County (2014–2017)
Heart of Midlothian (2020; 2021–)
123​
57​
0.46​
7​
Scotland Kris Boyd[note 5]Kilmarnock (2013–2014; 2015–2019)
145​
55​
0.38​
8​
Scotland Kris DoolanPartick Thistle (2013–2018)
176​
54​
0.31​
9​
Northern Ireland Niall McGinn[note 5]Aberdeen (2013–2017; 2018–)
244​
51​
0.21​
10​
Scotland James Forrest[note 5]Celtic (2013–)
199​
47​
0.24​
=​
Scotland Ryan Christie[note 5]Inverness Caledonian Thistle (2013–2015; 2015–2016)
Aberdeen (2017–2018)
Celtic (2015–2021)
203​
47​
0.23​
Italics denotes players still playing professional football,
Bold denotes players still playing in the Scottish Premiership.

Members online

Latest posts

Back