Expectations for 2022/23

Expectations are just that. I fully expected us to get 10 in a row and not end up 25 points behind.
This time last year I expected that Eddie Howe would be our manager and that we would improve slightly. I was wrong. Very Wrong.
My expectations are that Ange will be our manager for the season.
I expect that we will prune our squad and also make additions.
I expect that Ange will buy players who will give their all on the pitch. No petrol left in the tank.
I expect that Ange will pick based on character and not on sentiment.
I expect that Ange will have a team of players who realise that it is an honour to play for Celtic.
A team of players who will never rest in a game and only stop when subbed or at the very end of the match.
Nottingham Forest and Leicester are examples of focusing on the team and not on the players.
Ange has never had such a talent pool and fan base at his disposal. He has a bold and simple plan to retain possession and harry and win it back. When we have possession only we can score. There are so many variables but that is a truism. If the ball is in the opponents half then only we can score. The more shots we take the more we score. If we score more then we win. Losing a goal just means we have to score two.
Having said that I expect this to be our best ever season since 1967. Oh how I wish I had a season ticket. Strap yourself in. Angeball Part 2 is acoming.

To answer your question CR, I value success far higher than the money circus of the CL.
I believe Celtic should be aiming to win any competition that it takes part in, yet the CL still remains a total longshot still, but still wouldn't rule us out of being able to do what villareal done this season, but again a lot could depend on the luck of the draw.
I understand your theory CR regards the money making opportunities, but you also have to take into account, that already most of our signings under Ange are already worth millions more than we actually paid for them.
Now if they do preform anything like we know that they are capable of doing so within the CL, then there value would sky rocket even further still, to the degree that the record fee we got for KT and 25M, could well be overtaken and by some distance also imo.
So it's OK looking at the potential money that could be coming into the club in the future, but would hate to see this team being broke up, over money, cause finding the value for money in players like Ange has already done, will be a very long time, that such value for money could be found again and hopefully the board wouldn't want to cash in either, so keeping a successful celtic remains higher than the money factor imo, and this current squad of players have all the makings of delivering huge amounts of success still.
I'm not sure if I'm reading this correct John, are you suggesting that you don't want success at European level because the players will then be poached and the team broken up before it can with domestic trophies?

1 Win league and communicate with fans better

2 try to win cups
3 Compete in europe by employing tactics suitable for european stage.
4 Improve squad while remaining sustainable with wages
5 Sell anyone who aint motivated
Very sensible outlook TET

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correct John, are you suggesting that you don't want success at European level because the players will then be poached and the team broken up before it can with domestic trophies?
Not at all CR.
You asked about expectations for next season, and the only expectations I currently have are within the Scottish domestic scene, where I believe a domestic treble is a real reality still.
Have no expectations whatsoever currently within the CL, and actually don't even like the competition either.
As far as I am concerned the competition has been totally devalued to what it once was, with money becoming the main factor within it.
I actually look at the amount of money teams like man City and psg have thrown at it already, and still can't win it, more so than the team who actually does win it overall.
Maybe I'm old school but I would be quite happy for these money rich clubs within the CL to fuck off into there own playground as all they provide is nothing more than glamour matches to the likes of us at present, yet don't rate most of them clubs, as a club, nowhere near to what we actually can provide imo.
Yet money has become a huge factor within the modern game still, so weather we like it or not, these 6 glamour games within the CL are going to promote the profile of the players we currently have or potentially treat them more harshly than they deserve to be.
I really like this squad of players, and appreciate so much of what they have given to the club already, yet that appreciation towards them can continue in a better way within the Scottish scene than that of Europe still imo, but I still believe they we can become even more competitive within European football and that's the only expectation I hope from the team next season, and anything above that will be an added bonus as things stand imo.

I expect a treble and European football after Christmas.
Fucking the current buns in the 4 league games and Hopefully fuck them in a least 1 cup final

Members online

Back