Champions League.......You're having a laugh, or a cry, or an all-out rage!

Spherical Planet

I'm trying to find a few crumbs of comfort from that mighty helping of humble pie we've had to swallow.

The fact is, that on that performance, we are nowhere near Champions League standard and we would have to endure one or two (probably three) almighty wallopings in the the group stages (and that's even allowing for getting past Slavia Prague).

The only real benefits to the club would be the bumper paycheque, the one decent home performance, the extra bit of experience, and the opportunity to see some quality opposition.

It doesn't ease the pain, but now is the time for everyone (and I do mean everyone, Peter, Neil, Dermot) to reflect on what has happened and develop a strategy and plan that will safeguard our domestic dominance and at least prepare adequately for high-stakes European football.

I have as many questions as I do answers, but the board have run out of excuses for now. They DO have my support, but it is finite and failure to reinforce and strengthen the team would be a dereliction of their duties and responsibility to every Celtic fan who has invested their hard-earned into following the Club.

We have had ample opportunity to put the lights out on the zombified horde in the Southside, but we keep giving them glimmers of hope with our unwillingness to sufficiently invest in key areas of the team. We have lost one of our best talents and perhaps that young man was lured by the bright lights and big bucks, or perhaps he saw the graffiti on the wall. Either way, it's time for those entrusted with running the club to dig deep and give something back to the support.

There are no excuses now that we don't have pesky Champions League nights to contend with. Nothing less than a convincing title win will suffice and at least three top-quality players have to be acquired to highlight our ambitions and intentions.

We are not naive enough to believe we would win the Champions League, but neither are we gullible enough to think that everything is sunshine and roses either.

Ah'm feckin ragin SP, two things keep spinning round my excuse for a mind, share price and shareholder dividends! is it gonnae take a dip in the share price, for the board to sit up and take notice,because sure as phuq the fan's (customer's:mad:) voices ai'nt bein heard!!!!! Gurrrr! oh, and i don't like Lenny throwin the players under the bus, Harrumph!

Ah'm feckin ragin SP, two things keep spinning round my excuse for a mind, share price and shareholder dividends! is it gonnae take a dip in the share price, for the board to sit up and take notice,because sure as phuq the fan's (customer's:mad:) voices ai'nt bein heard!!!!! Gurrrr! oh, and i don't like Lenny throwin the players under the bus, Harrumph!
I mentioned Lenny's post-match performance on another thread, Michael.........not impressed at all.

I think his short-term memory might have failed him because his problems with the Hi-bees started with him slating his players.

aye SP,Ray had a good post on another thread about the very thing!
I know that players are meant to be versatile nowadays, Michael, but if you want to tinker with formations and how you set up, then that's what pre-season is for, not a CL qualifier against semi-decent and experienced opposition!

I don't get where Lenny was coming from with that set-up. It's as if he tried to get all of his "talent" on the pitch, but that's only effective if they're playing in a position they feel comfortable with.

I don't know if Shved is injured or why we have expensive signings on the bench, but I think Lenny was in deflection mode in the post-match stuff and it doesn't fool anyone. That might work with the muppets, but it doesn't cut any ice here!

I know that players are meant to be versatile nowadays, Michael, but if you want to tinker with formations and how you set up, then that's what pre-season is for, not a CL qualifier against semi-decent and experienced opposition!

I don't get where Lenny was coming from with that set-up. It's as if he tried to get all of his "talent" on the pitch, but that's only effective if they're playing in a position they feel comfortable with.

I don't know if Shved is injured or why we have expensive signings on the bench, but I think Lenny was in deflection mode in the post-match stuff and it doesn't fool anyone. That might work with the muppets, but it doesn't cut any ice here!
phuqin A SP!

Larry,in Scotland,Cluj/cludgie is slang for toilet! tonight was a tough one to take, good American euphanism's like "clusterphuq"or whit d'ye call them "fubar",cannae remember the other wan,
but for as long as i can remember, Celtic, when in a position of total domination , somehow manage to phuq up, big Jock got us to 9 in in a row,yes the "lions" we're an aging team,but the "quality street gang" were coming through,but acrimony,aye the phuqin board,big Jock's accident and the way he was treated was a feckin disgrace!

we were overtakin by dundee united,aberdeen and them,somehow our board, through negligence or arrogance, always seem to manage to phuq our momentum up,why,well the conspiracy theories are out there,because it it happen's far too often, too be a coincidence,

on the back of a treble treble winning team, i fear the "implosion" this far but no further" which i have witnessed too many times for it to be a coincidence,then again, it might be the anger,and/or the Stella!
acronym!!! ffs

Well, I can't speak to that Michael. We didn't line up well against Cluj, even after substitutions, and it bit us on the butt. That's on Lenny, who I am sure has learned a hard lesson (despite slagging it off in his post-game interview). Meanwhile, we just need to pick ourselves up and get ready for the next game.

Well, I can't speak to that Michael. We didn't line up well against Cluj, even after substitutions, and it bit us on the butt. That's on Lenny, who I am sure has learned a hard lesson (despite slagging it off in his post-game interview). Meanwhile, we just need to pick ourselves up and get ready for the next game.
it is what is Larry,wee bit down about the way Lenny slagged the players,they're a wee bit precious these days! but hopefully ,we move on and stamp our our authority,but like i say, seen it goin from great to shit, too many times,hope it's not one of those , again, flex yer feckin muscles Celtic!!!!!

Back