Celtic v Motherwell, Saturday 1st October 3pm

finishing again an issue today. My hope is we’re saving some for RB during the week.

We will click again soon.

Top of the league 🍀💪⚽
Yip, if we weren't making chances then I'd be worried, 2 late chances yesterday fae Kyogo and Abada, 9 times out of 10 they go in add in McGregors sitter first half, and a few other half chances and it could or should have been more comfortable yesterday.

H.H

Watching the highlights, it is unbelievable that the straight leg studs up stomach high foul (just before Juranovic hits the bar) is not deemed a booking, I will never know (ok, I know exactly why the sevco-supporting masonic arsehole Beaton happily waved play on).

Those dirty scum Hun MIB only see what they want to see…..the blatant hand ball in the box was another one…..it was a definite penalty.

Questions need to be asked as to why these MIB can simply ignore making correct critical decisions when it comes to Celtic…

Yip, if we weren't making chances then I'd be worried, 2 late chances yesterday fae Kyogo and Abada, 9 times out of 10 they go in add in McGregors sitter first half, and a few other half chances and it could or should have been more comfortable yesterday.

H.H
I didnt get to see the game 50 but the highlights show plenty of really good chances and none for them , stats show theyd 2 shots on target.
What exactly Hammil is talking about " Celtic had some chances so did we , we couldve got something " hes dreaming , they deserved nothing.

I didnt get to see the game 50 but the highlights show plenty of really good chances and none for them , stats show theyd 2 shots on target.
What exactly Hammil is talking about " Celtic had some chances so did we , we couldve got something " hes dreaming , they deserved nothing.
Motherwell came to Celtic Park with no intentions of trying to play any football, and they succeeded. They deserved nothing and got nothing. How Lamie stayed on the pitch only Beaton knows (well we all do really).

If we'd taken one of those excellent chances then it would have been much more comfortable yesterday. But we were wasteful but still win the 3 points. We should cope without CalMac while he is suspended and maybe a wee break for him well help us in the longer term.

Couldn't agree more BM. Really is time to move on. What the GB bring to our games can at times be simply breathtaking. On the other hand, sometimes they do nothing but give our detractors ammo.
For me the point yesterday was that when we were up against it the GB were posted missing, indulging themselves in political shit instead of giving the hoops the support they needed.
it’s easy to be a supporter when times are good.
Get behind your team when the shit is flying
HH

If we had VAR (and yesterday was another trial game for it) we should have had a penalty and Lamie should have been given a second yellow. I say should, Beaton would probably have looked at it and decided against the blatant handball so he didn't have to send him off.

The ONLY way VAR is gonna work in the counts if we have coaches “challenges” like in American football to force them to Look at incidents, each team gets 2 per half that are either rejected and use up a challenge or upheld they get another challenge to stop frivolous challenges, I don’t think anyone on here believes the hun leaning referees will use the system fairly and will seek to overturn all our goals, give penalties and red cards at every opportunity whilst ignoring infringements against us 🤷‍♂️😡

Beaton out to hurt Celtic as much as possible on the other hand the Ref in the Sevco match doing everything he can to help them,this is getting out of hand And if the SFA can’t see that then they are not fit for purpose looking at both games you don’t have to a genus to see what was takeing place Calmac should have never have been sent off and the Sevco player most certainly should have,the tackles against Celtic crossed the line in the other game it was a free for all as far as Sevco were concerned, will the SFA take any action well we all know the answer to that

Hope I don't upset anybody, but for me it was a shocking performance. The last fifteen minutes were torture. There were mistakes made from players that were inexcusable. It happened in all areas of the team, goalkeeper, defence, midfield and forwards. I have to ask myself, is this a team that is losing its way, because it believes all the hype as to how good they are? Well they are at best mediocre based on that performance. Have they become besotted with the Champions League? I don't know. But I do know this. League points will quickly be lost against mediocre teams, if this level of performance continues. Only Ange can fix this.
Motherwell were never a threat. Their only tactic was to frustrate,lost count of the number of times they had eleven players within 30 yards of their goal.
Maybe that was due to how well we played. Lots of possession little penetration. Missed chances are becoming really frustrating.
2-1 or 7-0 it's the same three points tho. We are really getting used to Angeball. When it doesn't quite click it can be a hard watch. COYBIG.

I see theres a ' call for calm' piece in the Celtic Star today.
Which surprised me tbh.
If we werent creating the chances I could understand that.
We are creating the chances though.
I confess to not having been able to see this game, so as Jimmy Sanderson used to say , I can't give a complete opinion.
What i did see was some good slick stuff , and yes some not so slick, not taking chances, loose passes etc.
That's our high risk game.

Still, hitting the post a few times, a goal they got from nothing, this game could easily have been a thumping for Well.
I'm not needing a call to remain calm,
I still see the good things in our play.
Its disappointing we couldn't put away those chances but I think its unrealistic to expect us to put 3 goals plus away every time we take to the field .

I also understand why there are those who are unhappy with certain aspects of the game.
That's down to the high standards weve set more than anything.
Leipzig and Real Madrid have had their own struggles of late as well.
Madrid's winning streak came to an end against Osasuna at the weekend 1-1 benzema missed a penalty.
Leipzig have lost a few times.

We have to remember that we are playing with not our preferred defence and are missing some key players.
As long as we're creating the chances, and taking the 3 points, that's what's important.

We are still a work in progress and its easy to forget that when weve been so dominant as we have.
Weve lost one league game in the odd 40 or so.
Were in the champions league.
Focus on the positives , top of the table.
To be scintillating every game is unrealistic I think.

Perhaps a call to remain calm is necessary after all but not for me.
Ange who? Is still fresh in the memory and were way ahead of schedule under him.

Keep the faith ( not that I've seen anyone lose it tbf) HH 🍀

Last edited:
I see theres a ' call for calm' piece in the Celtic Star today.
Which surprised me tbh.
If we werent creating the chances I could understand that.
We are creating the chances though.
I confess to not having been able to see this game, so as Jimmy Sanderson used to say , I can't give a complete opinion.
What i did see was some good slick stuff , and yes some not so slick, not taking chances, loose passes etc.
That's our high risk game.

Still, hitting the post a few times, a goal they got from nothing, this game could easily have been a thumping for Well.
I'm not needing a call to remain calm,
I still see the good things in our play.
Its disappointing we couldn't put away those chances but I think its unrealistic to expect us to put 3 goals plus away every time we take to the field .

I also understand why there are those who are unhappy with certain aspects of the game.
That's down to the high standards weve set more than anything.
Leipzig and Real Madrid have had their own struggles of late as well.
Madrid's winning streak came to an end against Osasuna at the weekend 1-1 benzema missed a penalty.
Leipzig have lost a few times.

We have to remember that we are playing with not our preferred defence and are missing some key players.
As long as we're creating the chances, and taking the 3 points, that's what's important.

We are still a work in progress and its easy to forget that when weve been so dominant as we have.
Weve lost one league game in the odd 40 or so.
Were in the champions league.
Focus on the positives , top of the table.
To be scintillating every game is unrealistic I think.

Perhaps a call to remain calm is necessary after all but not for me.
Ange who? Is still fresh in the memory and were way ahead of schedule under him.

Keep the faith ( not that I've seen anyone lose it tbf) HH 🍀
A realistic assessment Winter. I also see no reason to panic, scoring 4-5 every game is not going to happen. We are going to encounter the odd "bump in the road". HH

I thought on Saturday we caused ourselves more problems than Motherwell. Not sure if it was trying too hard to win the game early or just trying to be too quick. I also thought we were a bit predictable at times and careless with the passes, we get the keeping possession but sometimes the playing it round our box instead of clearing it can be reckless and ends up with players under pressure they shouldn't be. Comic cuts for the Motherwell goal Hart should have been shouting that he had it and the Ref needs to be taught that when you book a player for kicking the ball away you don't let 2 others away with the same offence and I wondered if grabbing Kyogo round the neck and throwing him to the ground (violent conduct) could have been a Red instead of the yellow that was given. We created plenty of chances just unfortunate not to take them 3 point taken and in to the next game

Well since the. 31st of July we’ve played second fiddle in the League Fixtures to the the the OldOld Firm Newbie’s
This Seterdiy we’re first up Shirley sumcunt in the SPFL and SFA will be blackballed oot thur joab or lose a shot oan the goat 🐐
Furra week or twa.

HH 😱🙄😱

Have
That's asking an awfy lot from our mibs dmac
have no trust in any of them,there could be a cracking goal scored but we end talking about the ref or lack of one when any of them pretend they have not seen or chose to ignore they all carry out the same actions thier arms waveing like windmills to say no foul or they turn and run as far as they can get waveing play on its as if they have come to some agreement of what to do if they ignore a foul run or wave your arms then run, you see the same in every game can’t beleave it’s coincidental to regular a happening to be off the cuff?

Last edited:
Back