BROONY

He had that mix of being a rough and tumble player when needed. Kept the ball, won it and battled every game.

His rejuvenation when BR came in was ridiculous. He could of moved on mini but raised himself a level even in his twilight years.
I'll never forget his contribution and effort in his last year - very few showed the dig required to get us over the line and we didn't.
Many of us doubted, questioned over the years at times his place in the team. He kept at it and showed strength through his own ups and downs.
That wasn't lost on any player that we had in our squad and ultimately it hasn't been lost when we look back collectively now.
Great leader from the grassroots bhoys to the first 11.
Not sure what his next steps and plans are in football but that drive and attitude is exactly what is needed in a land of next gen snowflakes.

Any lad that's ages with me no matter what trade still had the influence at some point of a tough gaffer, wouldn't be allowed level of tough gaffer now.

The way he seemed to do it, or at least the way his fellow professionals reported he seemed to bridge that gap.

All the best to him. Few years older than me but I would of ran through walls for that guy if I could of made a coin from playing football

Members online

Latest posts

Back