Brendan Rodgers

Bill and all, were you thinking for a few seconds that Rodgers was sat watching in leicestershire tonight, in his silk kimono with number 1 on the back, drawing doodles of people wandering around a box passing aimlessly over and over and over on a notepad, and on 90 mins, he was sat there imagining he had a free and extra postive vibe for his team talk tomorrow. The extra spring in his step spoke for him, did you see how good I am it shouted.

Suddenly, just as he was about to make his self warming cocoa.
Up stepped Eddie screamed one in the back of the net, the net screaming "are you watching Rogers, where is your spring now.
And take this rodgers, for this is your spring tomorrow
this is your precious, listen to this as you try to get to sleep, as you try to make a press conference, as you shave, as you try and eat, as you say pass pass pass to the leicestershire team, pass pass all around the box, no our box. just keep passing all around our box, doesn't matter how many attackers surround you or the goalie, imagine we are playing pass the parcel, its fun.
listen to it rodgers, listen to it. the worst celtic song ever written for you, presumably by a prophet who knew what you were, listen to this rodgers until the dinosaurs roam the earth once again.

Last edited:
And take this rodgers, for this is your spring tomorrow

I was thinking about this song, and the one by Damien Quinn (the one where he changes the lyrics to "Walking in a Winter Wonderland") praising the outgoing manager -- whose name I won't utter -- and it made me think of how this will play out in the history books. Obviously, we can't "airbrush him out" of our history, like the Soviets did with people who fell from favor with the leadership, but still my hope is that Celtic supporters will forever link the outgoing manager's name with betrayal of the club, regardless of what successes he may have brought.

I was thinking about this song, and the one by Damien Quinn (the one where he changes the lyrics to "Walking in a Winter Wonderland") praising the outgoing manager -- whose name I won't utter -- and it made me think of how this will play out in the history books. Obviously, we can't "airbrush him out" of our history, like the Soviets did with people who fell from favor with the leadership, but still my hope is that Celtic supporters will forever link the outgoing manager's name with betrayal of the club, regardless of what successes he may have brought.

On the contrary, Icafiero, there will be, and IS, a special place reserved for him - and one he'll gnash those expensive teeth into stumps over;

Johnston and Rodgers. side by side in Celtic history forevermore.

It'll be Snakeman (©Sandman) who'll want to airbrush himself out of Celtic history.

"Grandad, why do millions of people around the world wearing Hoops call you 'Judas' and spit at the mention of you?"

and one he'll gnash those expensive teeth into stumps over;

You forgot "wail" -- "wail and gnash those expensive teeth . . . " :D

Agree completely, Sandman. I certainly hope the 30 pieces of silver were worth it to him.

Members online

Latest posts

Back