Blind faith in our manager

having watched every game on celtic tv a few times

im certain ntcham is told to play further up were he is of little use, I think thats the tactic McGregor and ntcham both too high and marked by def mids

so won't get clean pass

to them even if back 3 and brown could pass 30 + yards to feet

when him or McGregor pull back brown waves them forward again

leaves big hole in midfield where their mids are marking our mids

and it clusters their area so our 3 forwards cant breath or change channels because they are locked static or just run into another player

our def and brown can play intricate passing so either try run round their forwards which they dont do without risking getting sucker punched

and even if the long balls out wide connected with Taylor or frimpong they cant do fancy attacking passing so its just grid locked

only way would be to come closer to defensive line and play shorter passes sharply if their backline move forward eddy Klimala or forrest will dart through lines into the space assuming out playmaker on ball with over their back line passing

if they hold back you created space in the hole between their defence on mid to exploit with short sharp triangles

but no

its push forward lads make a big line with their defence and we will hoof and hope for jammy second ball

utter dire tactics against a well drilled counter unit with fast wingers and a plan

if we had giant strikers with Alan Thompson quality crosses from wing then I could understand that tactic

but eddy needs ball to feet or space to open up his fancy dancing

and Ajeti and Griffiths thrive on balls to feet

and Taylor and frimpong cant pass to feet or head under any pressure
I totally agree tet with your assessment and also both are playing to wide so will cramp our WB for space. I was expecting the 2 of them to be going hard at them through the centre yesterday and it never happened at all, yet we did have the extra numbers. Shows just how bad we move the ball at the moment

Ok.....
..not quite recovered from the no show derby but being realistic today and put it behind me I hope...
Can't waste any more time moping, it only clouds' the mind and interferes with the thought processes needed to tackle things, not to mention this season is well in now and we have to evaluate everything so far.
By that I suggest the most important thing we can do is gear up for the January window, and consolidate our team with greater quality first and foremost. If its possible to replace Lennon then we mustn't hesitate, his arrogance not to change things sooner is a bridge too far at times.
It appears he has this aloofness ....this reckless attitude.... and to me its intentional!
Sometimes it appears his preamble comes over as if he's trying to punish us for giving him a hard time and virtually saying.....

" I am the manager and can't be seen to listen to others advice, I will not be told by anyone when to change things even when Its obvious I need to.......these Celtic fans and media hacks cannot dictate to me when or if I should use substitutes at half time or early in the second half, even though they are likely right..... No.......I have to be seen as in charge and not weak, and I pick the team, and so what if we still win, late, late goals are irrelevant ".
When Neil came back to us in February 2019, I was one in full agreement of that ...now its
"Next..... Eddie Howe.....or Martin O'... or Mourinho?........if available".

We mustn't underestimate Sevco and Gerrard, because they are undoubtedly a far better team than last year, have matched us and bettered us for a year now. Denying this is foolhardy and retarded thinking and likely will cost us the ultimate price.

As has often been said the filth and Slips are throwing everything at stopping the ten, even though the cost is all but 'rupting them, and if they do win the league it will save them from the abyss, sending them into next years CL and the big money.
If this happens its all back to square one for us....and worse, if they are much stronger financially...it will have several repercussions and a severe backlash towards us.

There are some good players joining them, for whatever reason despite them being serial losers winning zilch, no money, no main bank backup, stocks, indices, exclusions etc.

The sevco Rangers II are pariahs on a worldwide scale, not just in football but in financial circles, and truly the biggest embarrassment in British and European footballing and financial history.

Yet they still attract decent players despite this, even allowing for their scandalous and dishonourable record known to all and sundry....internet history and all!
I worry what will happen IF they won the league and their first ever trophy.

Realistically its not irredeemable, if we catch up with the Aberdeen game, its only 1 point between us but if we drop any more points.....before they do...it will be mentally and physically challenging like we've never had in 10 years.

I believe if we had been in front yesterday albeit by 2 points we would have had the mental impetus and ascendancy to win the game.

Undoubtedly Boli, caused games to be postponed, falling points behind and chasing the teams above has wrecked so much for us and handed Sevco an immense psychological advantage.
Boli has behaved recklessly and selfishly, and though he still didn't have the virus, has ostracised himself by it.
Nicola has been instrumental in this with her suggestions of punishment to Celtic and "yellow/ red card threats. While I have certain sympathy for Covid rules and necessary penalties, I am outraged at her ignorance towards others who have flagrantly breached the rules on a disgraceful scale.

Sevco Rangers II namely, have got away with pig ignorant behaviour and jeopardised us all yet remain unpunished.
It's bad enough with the present Covid casualties we've endured but the government V Ryan Christie affair has done her for me...and all of us as SNP devotees.
Along with many Celtic fans I keep in touch with, we agree none will vote for her while she is in the SNP seat. Some have even suggested she is inadvertently and surreptitiously helping Sevco.
We're enraged by her unsympathetic obstinacy to understand our plight...which again only empowers Sevco. Especially as he had no symptoms nor virus found,..... not what we want in a leader.
Tierney and Arsenal...as an example.....even with their English Covid rules. Case closed.

Government permitting, if available it matters not that Ryan may or may not have played and
helped us on Saturday.
More that it was a major handicap for Neil inhibited by an already depleted squad and player availability. He has been excellent for us recently and as a previous first choice he was badly missed against them.
We must take a stand with the SFA and refuse them and FIFA our boys in regard to HSE Regulations....as they are irrevocable and cannot be counter-manded.

Personally, I don't forget, and am unforgiving when cheated or let down by those around me, and along with many other Celtic fans spending fortunes on their team, hoping for an historic Tiar, which is more important than politics, their leaders and pretty much anyone or any thing else right now.

Or is it because the SFA, Jason, Nicola et al see Neil and Celtic as a soft touch who's bark is weak and has no bite?

Apologies for the long post.

Last edited:
Ok.....
..not quite recovered from the no show derby but being realistic today and put it behind me I hope...
Can't waste any more time moping, it only clouds' the mind and interferes with the thought processes needed to tackle things, not to mention this season is well in now and we have to evaluate everything so far.
By that I suggest the most important thing we can do is gear up for the January window, and consolidate our team with greater quality first and foremost. If its possible to replace Lennon then we mustn't hesitate, his arrogance not to change things sooner is a bridge too far at times.
It appears he has this aloofness ....this reckless attitude.... and to me its intentional!
Sometimes it appears his preamble comes over as if he's trying to punish us for giving him a hard time and virtually saying.....

" I am the manager and can't be seen to listen to others advice, I will not be told by anyone when to change things even when Its obvious I need to.......these Celtic fans and media hacks cannot dictate to me when or if I should use substitutes at half time or early in the second half, even though they are likely right..... No.......I have to be seen as in charge and not weak, and I pick the team, and so what if we still win, late, late goals are irrelevant ".
When Neil came back to us in February 2019, I was one in full agreement of that ...now its

We mustn't underestimate Sevco and Gerrard, because they are undoubtedly a far better team than last year, have matched us and bettered us for a year now. Denying this is foolhardy and retarded thinking and likely will cost us the ultimate price.

As has often been said the filth and Slips are throwing everything at stopping the ten, even though the cost is all but 'rupting them, and if they do win the league it will save them from the abyss, sending them into next years CL and the big money.
If this happens its all back to square one for us....and worse, if they are much stronger financially...it will have several repercussions and a severe backlash towards us.

There are some good players joining them, for whatever reason despite them being serial losers winning zilch, no money, no main bank backup, stocks, indices, exclusions etc.

The sevco Rangers II are pariahs on a worldwide scale, not just in football but in financial circles, and truly the biggest embarrassment in British and European footballing and financial history.

Yet they still attract decent players despite this, even allowing for their scandalous and dishonourable record known to all and sundry....internet history and all!

Realistically its not irredeemable, if we catch up with the Aberdeen game, its only 1 point between us but if we drop any more points.....before they do...it will be mentally and physically challenging like we've never had in 10 years.

I believe if we had been in front yesterday albeit by 2 points we would have had the mental impetus and ascendancy to win the game.

Undoubtedly Boli, caused games to be postponed, falling points behind and chasing the teams above has wrecked so much for us and handed Sevco an immense psychological advantage.
Boli has behaved recklessly and selfishly, and though he still didn't have the virus, has ostracised himself by it.
Nicola has been instrumental in this with her suggestions of punishment to Celtic and "yellow/ red card threats. While I have certain sympathy for Covid rules and necessary penalties, I am outraged at her ignorance towards others who have flagrantly breached the rules on a disgraceful scale.

Sevco Rangers II namely, have got away with pig ignorant behaviour and jeopardised us all yet remain unpunished.
It's bad enough with the present Covid casualties we've endured but the government V Ryan Christie affair has done her for me...and all of us as SNP devotees.
Along with many Celtic fans I keep in touch with, we agree none will vote for her while she is in the SNP seat. Some have even suggested she is inadvertently and surreptitiously helping Sevco.
We're enraged by her unsympathetic obstinacy to understand our plight...which again only empowers Sevco. Especially as he had no symptoms nor virus found,..... not what we want in a leader.
Tierney and Arsenal...as an example.....even with their English Covid rules. Case closed.

Government permitting, if available it matters not that Ryan may or may not have played and
helped us on Saturday.
More that it was a major handicap for Neil inhibited by an already depleted squad and player availability. He has been excellent for us recently and as a previous first choice he was badly missed against them.
We must take a stand with the SFA and refuse them and FIFA our boys in regard to HSE Regulations....as they are irrevocable and cannot be counter-manded.

Personally, I don't forget, and am unforgiving when cheated or let down by those around me, and along with many others Celtic fans spending fortunes on their team, hoping for an historic Tiar, which is more important than politics, their leaders and pretty much anyone or any thing else right now.

Or is it because the SFA, Jason, Nicola et al see Neil and Celtic as a soft touch who's bark is weak and has no bite?

👏 👏👏👏🍺

Ok.....

helped us on Saturday.

Personally, I don't forget, and am unforgiving when cheated or let down by those around me, and along with many other Celtic fans spending fortunes on their team, hoping for an historic Tiar, which is more important than politics, their leaders and pretty much anyone or any thing else right now.

Excellent post JC. Agree 100%.

Back