Blast from the past

Marky1956

10:30 doorbell goes my older brother who I haven't seen for nearly 40 years is standing there as large as life with my youngest brother ,
We had been trying to contact him after my mum passed away and here he was the prodigal son returned ,
He left to join the foreign legion in 1972 (who knows why)and we only saw him ,off and on during the next 10 years ,
We knew he lived in Marseille for years because he always sent mum and dad Xmas cards etc , but in the last couple of years had moved to Martinique
And we'd (mum)lost his address, younger brother managed to trace him through the foreign legion alas not in time for mums funeral,
So lots of tears spilled tonight and a big get together arranged for tomorrow.
Isn't life strange didn't think I'd ever see him again and he looks a double Hard b*****d

10:30 doorbell goes my older brother who I haven't seen for nearly 40 years is standing there as large as life with my youngest brother ,
We had been trying to contact him after my mum passed away and here he was the prodigal son returned ,
He left to join the foreign legion in 1972 (who knows why)and we only saw him ,off and on during the next 10 years ,
We knew he lived in Marseille for years because he always sent mum and dad Xmas cards etc , but in the last couple of years had moved to Martinique
And we'd (mum)lost his address, younger brother managed to trace him through the foreign legion alas not in time for mums funeral,
So lots of tears spilled tonight and a big get together arranged for tomorrow.
Isn't life strange didn't think I'd ever see him again and he looks a double Hard b*****d
Terrific story Marky. Savour every second with him and the rest of your family mate.

well! that was the most amazing weekend have discovered nieces I didn't know I had alas my sister -in -law has sadly passed, strangely both my mum and dad had met them all here and in France but never said anything (nothing stranger than folk).
So my brother joined up in 1972 and didn't really talk much about his experiences he was in for 25 years achieving the rank of sergeant after initial training he trained as a medic becoming a Chirurgien de terrain (field surgeon) after seeing action all over the world mostly as a peace keeping force he left and joined the international red cross as a medic before retiring in 2012 .
It's quite strange he talks with a French accent and as he said French with an English accent 🤣
as soon as you enlist you are not allowed to speak your native tongue if you do you have to do a punishment (usually press-ups) counting in French if you get it wrong you have to start again , after 3 years you are entitled to a French passport and citizenship .

Members online

Latest posts

Back