Benjamin Siegrist Signs

Not really something I'd ever considered tbh , I mustve been under the impression the club has to declare what they pay, not to the media ( undisclosed fee) , but to the stock exchange? Idk just assumed these figures were always not far off the mark .
Maybe they do winter as haven't a clue just how accurate players wages are.
Regardless Ange and Nicholson had a massive job on there hands when replacing the flowerpot men with the value for money contracts handed out for what the club got in return.
At a total guess, I would say maybe as much as 10M a year being wasted on wages, yet wouldn't count the lowland league team in that figure as so much has to go into development still and the returns haven't been to bad either.
So there could be a claim that we have actually increased that somewhat with having 2 back up keepers as such, yet a necessary even without much return in game time as such.
Yet I would say its also done in a manner of forcing Bain out of the door as such now, as there remains very little chance of getting a new contract beyond the current one he's on.
A tough business for someone of the abilities of hazard and Bain and tends to go unnoticed as such in the money mad football World still.
It may well take a couple more seasons still to tidy up the mess lenny and PL left behind them, but certainly on the right tracks now and the signing of Ben only confirms to myself that the club have taken great strides already to maintaining the stability of the club/team for a few years still to come even if the vultures will potentially be hoovering with funds we couldn't or shouldn't match in the future to come still.
Just fantastic being a TIM at this current moment in time

The big difference between all the success Rodgers had and Anges league and cup double is Ange had strong competition Rodgers had none with a squad miles ahead of the rest in Scotland.Its great skooshing leagues and winning trebles year after year but you need competion to keep the club on their toes.We got arrogant and complacent and thats why we're not 11 in a row just now.What Ange done last season tops anything Rodgers ever done at Celtic imo.
Well Tony, there was me thinking that you were hiding at a health farm on a very strict diet😂
Circumstances totally different between BR and Ange, yet Ange wins hands down due to what he inherited and what he's delivered to date, the greatest managial job I've ever witnessed to date imo.
Never will jump on the dislike bandwagon towards BR, as always felt he was forced out the door with PL more intent on letting the scum trying to play catch up to us which PL thought was in our best interests for the club imo.
BR wasn't given the money to take the club to the next level of competing in the higher level of European competition while maintaining domestic dominance still.
Thankfully I don't see that happening with Ange and think our supporters won't be as blinded by the 10 as most of us were at the time imo.
European football is going to be a huge challenge as always due to not being able to maintain a settled team for any length of time as such, but still think we are capable of making a decent fist of it this season, even if my own expectations still aren't to high as such, with the league still remaining our biggest priority still imo

Well Tony, there was me thinking that you were hiding at a health farm on a very strict diet😂
Circumstances totally different between BR and Ange, yet Ange wins hands down due to what he inherited and what he's delivered to date, the greatest managial job I've ever witnessed to date imo.
Never will jump on the dislike bandwagon towards BR, as always felt he was forced out the door with PL more intent on letting the scum trying to play catch up to us which PL thought was in our best interests for the club imo.
BR wasn't given the money to take the club to the next level of competing in the higher level of European competition while maintaining domestic dominance still.
Thankfully I don't see that happening with Ange and think our supporters won't be as blinded by the 10 as most of us were at the time imo.
European football is going to be a huge challenge as always due to not being able to maintain a settled team for any length of time as such, but still think we are capable of making a decent fist of it this season, even if my own expectations still aren't to high as such, with the league still remaining our biggest priority still imo
For a fat dude i make the Cryuff turn look easy John 😂Some folk are best ignored and if im a laughing stock amongst strangers ...fucking great 🤷‍♂️🤣

I dont expect anything from the CL and you can bet we'll get a couple of the big hitters.We're not at that level but id rather support a club with their heart and soul intact than an oil club .Hopefully we can spring a few surprises but its a big ask.

The big difference between all the success Rodgers had and Anges league and cup double is Ange had strong competition Rodgers had none with a squad miles ahead of the rest in Scotland.Its great skooshing leagues and winning trebles year after year but you need competion to keep the club on their toes.We got arrogant and complacent and thats why we're not 11 in a row just now.What Ange done last season tops anything Rodgers ever done at Celtic imo.
Aye I'd agree with that all bar the last sentence Tony.
Even in an uncompetitive division /country , the quadreble is still a world record and hasnt been done in any country ever.
Anges title was very sweet indeed but cant take away from the achievement of BRs side even if lenny dragged the 4th treble over the line.
It's something that we didn't get to celebrate properly , I'd like to see the club acknowledge and reinstate the abandoned bus run with an open doors day at CP for the players who were involved or along those lines.

:oops:god scottish footballs shite ,that's the first time watching the other dross playing each other ,no wonder cinch couldn't gie a flying fk

Members online

No members online now.

Back