Benjamin Siegrist Signs

Hazard still has an opportunity to rebuild his career as such.
But money always pays a factor in a contract and for Bain and hazard are possibly already on far bigger wages than any other club would pay for there services at present, so would expect them to sit on there current contracts as leaving would mean a pay cut.
Still got way to many in that same category still but that clearly lies at the door of lenny and PL for the total mismanagement of the club.
At least we are now seeing the reforms within the club and the shite strategy it was working under, still not totally resolved still but certainly heading in the right direction at last.
Just because you mentioned money there johnno I asked God ( oops I mean I asked google) to show me the wage list for the season 21/22 for Celtic and it shows that Scott Bain 29 yrs old, is on £7.6kpwk ( £ 395.2k pyr) wages at Celtic.
Connor Hazard 23 yrs old is on £2.4kpwk ( £124.8 kpyr).
This is for the season past of course and there will of course be changes to our wage bill, if not for those 2.
It did make me think though , both these bhoys are internationals and have been capped at senior level for Scotland and Northern Ireland.
I think that should we sell either of them to say , an English championship club, they would get more money than what they're on now.
Course that depends upon which championship clubs as most though not all can match or beat us for paying wages.
Some league 1 clubs can as well, though usually thanks to parachute funding.
I've included the link so you can have a wee gander .
I must say that I was shocked to see young Dane Murray ( 18yrs) is on £875 pwk and £45.240kpyr .
That's a lot of money for a teenager of course it is, but his contribution to the start of last season and how he stepped up to the plate when required I felt was impressive.
At such a young age, and given that everyone else on our books who's played some first team football is on at least £2k pwk or more , I hope he gets a well deserved reward upgrade in his contract wages.
He looked the part, compared to some others on our books.

Whit aboot.....the Ange revolution has begun.....All Hail the Athenian Fenian...
Think it's the, in Brendan we trust, in lenny we trust , in ange we trust is getting old for many.
I do trust Ange , I also trusted BR and I hear similarities in the " my dream job" statements.
I dont think Ange is the type for a midnight flitting though.
If we get another 4 seasons of Ange at the helm I'll be happy with that.
As always , it will ultimately be the boards support or lack thereof which determines how long our latest first class manager will stay.
So far so good, there's been no dilly dallying in our transfer business, things are moving forward faster than I can ever remember before Ange arrived.
It appears that we are on a completely different path now PL has gone.
No more haggling over 100k for the cost of a transfer and Ange is getting his own team together , Kewell in and McManus reshuffled.
Has anyone got any news about McIntyre? Is he still manager of our youth team but under the leadership of McManus? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just because you mentioned money there johnno I asked God ( oops I mean I asked google) to show me the wage list for the season 21/22 for Celtic and it shows that Scott Bain 29 yrs old, is on £7.6kpwk ( £ 395.2k pyr) wages at Celtic.
Connor Hazard 23 yrs old is on £2.4kpwk ( £124.8 kpyr).
This is for the season past of course and there will of course be changes to our wage bill, if not for those 2.
It did make me think though , both these bhoys are internationals and have been capped at senior level for Scotland and Northern Ireland.
I think that should we sell either of them to say , an English championship club, they would get more money than what they're on now.
Course that depends upon which championship clubs as most though not all can match or beat us for paying wages.
Some league 1 clubs can as well, though usually thanks to parachute funding.
I've included the link so you can have a wee gander .
I must say that I was shocked to see young Dane Murray ( 18yrs) is on £875 pwk and £45.240kpyr .
That's a lot of money for a teenager of course it is, but his contribution to the start of last season and how he stepped up to the plate when required I felt was impressive.
At such a young age, and given that everyone else on our books who's played some first team football is on at least £2k pwk or more , I hope he gets a well deserved reward upgrade in his contract wages.
He looked the part, compared to some others on our books.

Wouldn't be taking to much notice of such sites myself winter, as most clubs and especially celtic get everyone to sign a shut your trap agreement, so most likely the figures are only based on guess work, much like we would do I would say.

Think it's the, in Brendan we trust, in lenny we trust , in ange we trust is getting old for many.
I do trust Ange , I also trusted BR and I hear similarities in the " my dream job" statements.
I dont think Ange is the type for a midnight flitting though.
If we get another 4 seasons of Ange at the helm I'll be happy with that.
As always , it will ultimately be the boards support or lack thereof which determines how long our latest first class manager will stay.
So far so good, there's been no dilly dallying in our transfer business, things are moving forward faster than I can ever remember before Ange arrived.
It appears that we are on a completely different path now PL has gone.
No more haggling over 100k for the cost of a transfer and Ange is getting his own team together , Kewell in and McManus reshuffled.
Has anyone got any news about McIntyre? Is he still manager of our youth team but under the leadership of McManus? 🤷🏻‍♂️

If Ange ever comes out wae fictional stories about Danny McGrain, or the like, I’ll start to worry.....until then.....trust in Ange...

Barkas... i did the ugly youtube watching - goals he lost and defeats. Didnt see a single thing in him. That was our no1.
bit behind on jokes on here but he didnt fit the kit

(didnt get a chance to moan about Alfa before it was confirmed as a hoax ffs)

Joe didnt have the best backing - doubts the same wearing our jersey. Hart has found form wearing the jersey with some howlers in his back catalogue.
A keeper and a player that has proved us all wrong. Every person nearly. The most positive wouldn't of said he would of been one of they guys that brought the title back. He was one of those men and one of the most important amongst.

We cannot ever forget his effort as it was outstanding

The Sig has bottle. Agile as he is lanky. No complaints.

Dont know about you lot. If we have two keepers that can save shots plus a few defenders that can keep it cool...???
can prescribed Valium be actually enjoyed before the NZ doc whips it aff ye?
can we all be signed aff if jules and co fill in???

TBC

If Ange ever comes out wae fictional stories about Danny McGrain, or the like, I’ll start to worry.....until then.....trust in Ange...
I wont deny that I was taken in by BR to the extent that he had indeed landed his dream job.
By that I mean that his managerial bucket list always had, a , ' manage Celtic' box to be ticked at some point in his career.
I never believed that he would remain Celtic manager though, his ambition and talent, how close he'd come to being the man who broke the EPL jinx liverpool carried for close on 2 decades.
Return to that division was inevitable, moreso when his Celtic began breaking Scottish and British records , records that were ours already.
He set the bar at an unbelievable new high level unseen in the modern era.
Without going over miles of old ground, I didnt expect what happened next like probably all of us, at least not how it happened.
The ridiculous power play between Lawell and BR and the apathy shown by both towards Celtic and us the supporters is still a sore one as ultimately it cost us the 10.
A fight lawell thought he could win saw Rodgers have the last laugh, and both find that Celtic will always be bigger than anyone, amazes me actually how both these 2 could ever forget this given Celtic's pretty recent history with the rebels/ Fergus McCann era.
Rodgers had a clause that allowed him to talk to certain clubs willing to meet a price ( hindsights a wonderful thing).
I'm sure BR could only have dreamt how successful he'd be here.
Like on the Rapid Vienna thread , I can forgive but not forget.
Probably a pretty devisive opinion but I cant hold a grudge against the most successful Celtic manager the clubs ever known since the lions.
Our dominance was spectacular, derby wins were annihilations of the highest order.
The pain of how it fell apart and the manner it did so is something I'll never forget , the fallout and NFL, a true club legends fall from grace was avoidable and painful .
To have lawell gone now ( though I'm grateful for what he achieved as CEO for the club in his time as well, he had to go no question) has helped us significantly in a very short time to the direction we move in now.
How much credit for the upturn in fortune DD deserves for this I'm undecided upon.
It wouldnt surprise me if his credit stretches no further than his ...well...credit/cash.
Having DD jnr and lawell jnr in powerful positions ( something I admit to having being very wary of ) has seen us go from rank rotten to actually acquiring one of the best managers in the world and dodging another one of the best managers in the world, but we got the correct one of both of these 2 very talented managers.
The one who needed no convincing.
It's the reason why I say " if we can keep Ange for 5 seasons ( another 4) and he chooses to go triple/quadruple his earnings elsewhere then that will be a Celtic side and a half , especially when I look at clubs like old firm f.c and bodo/glimt, both together for at least 4 seasons as a team punching well above their weight
We can do this if they can and with better resources and an experienced manager at the helm.
Europe concerns me a bit as we all know that Celtic dont do hard to call groups.
Real , liverpool , Juventus or Bayern , City , Atletico would be the type of group we get traditionally.
Where we to get the luck of the draw like old firm f.c mostly did, and having looked at the pots so far , we could conceivably be drawn to face : from pot 1 : Eintracht/Ajax/Porto , from pot 2: Leipzig/Marseille/Spurs, and from pot 3: Shakhtar Donetsk/Sporting Lisbon/Leverkusen/ Copenhagen/Trabzonspor .
We love glamour ties at CP and usually get them .
I'd like to see us progress through the group and certainly 3rd place at least .
A group such as Ajax/Leipzig/Copenhagen/Celtic would certainly give us a chance to get through the groups with 2 sides of the 4 going through we could hurt these sides I'm sure Eintracht/Marseille/Sporting Lisbon/Celtic could also offer up possibilities .
Our history with champions league is more likely to see us in with the pub teams like
Real Madrid/liverpool/Napoli/Celtic
It would be special as it always is but to finally lock horns with Real after such a long time would be awesome.
This is all just conjecture of course as 1 pot 3 club and 6 clubs in our pot 4 whom we cannot play have still to qualify.
It's almost 8a.m imatim so apologies for going off on a tangent , I sort of addressed your point about an hour ago , I think ? 🤯 yep going back to sleep 😳🤪

Barkas... i did the ugly youtube watching - goals he lost and defeats. Didnt see a single thing in him. That was our no1.
bit behind on jokes on here but he didnt fit the kit

(didnt get a chance to moan about Alfa before it was confirmed as a hoax ffs)

Joe didnt have the best backing - doubts the same wearing our jersey. Hart has found form wearing the jersey with some howlers in his back catalogue.
A keeper and a player that has proved us all wrong. Every person nearly. The most positive wouldn't of said he would of been one of they guys that brought the title back. He was one of those men and one of the most important amongst.

We cannot ever forget his effort as it was outstanding

The Sig has bottle. Agile as he is lanky. No complaints.

Dont know about you lot. If we have two keepers that can save shots plus a few defenders that can keep it cool...???
can prescribed Valium be actually enjoyed before the NZ doc whips it aff ye?
can we all be signed aff if jules and co fill in???

TBC
What I love about Joe Hart is the real pleasure that flows from him playing for us.
Pep kicked him out of his spiritual home and it's taken him time, foreign and domestic passing through clubs, and determination to show hes still got it.
He has found a club he could call home again.

In terms of wearing your passion on the club's crest Ralston is similar.
Joe's experience and winner mentality has returned with a bang and it rubs off on the rest of the team.
Will be interesting to see if the latest Dundee utd goalie can really play or can really play against us.
Weve had mixed fortunes with utd goalies before , be great if he can push a motivated Joe Hart but his first target will be to displace Bain

Wouldn't be taking to much notice of such sites myself winter, as most clubs and especially celtic get everyone to sign a shut your trap agreement, so most likely the figures are only based on guess work, much like we would do I would say.
Not really something I'd ever considered tbh , I mustve been under the impression the club has to declare what they pay, not to the media ( undisclosed fee) , but to the stock exchange? Idk just assumed these figures were always not far off the mark .

I wont deny that I was taken in by BR to the extent that he had indeed landed his dream job.
By that I mean that his managerial bucket list always had, a , ' manage Celtic' box to be ticked at some point in his career.
I never believed that he would remain Celtic manager though, his ambition and talent, how close he'd come to being the man who broke the EPL jinx liverpool carried for close on 2 decades.
Return to that division was inevitable, moreso when his Celtic began breaking Scottish and British records , records that were ours already.
Without going over miles of old ground, I didnt expect what happened next like probably all of us, at least not how it happened.
The ridiculous power play between Lawell and BR and the apathy shown by both towards Celtic and us the supporters is still a sore one as ultimately it cost us the 10.
A fight lawell thought he could win saw Rodgers have the last laugh, and both find that Celtic will always be bigger than anyone, amazes me actually how both these 2 could ever forget this given Celtic's pretty recent history with the rebels/ Fergus McCann era.
Rodgers had a clause that allowed him to talk to certain clubs willing to meet a price ( hindsights a wonderful thing).
Probably a pretty devisive opinion but I cant hold a grudge against the most successful Celtic manager the clubs ever known since the lions.
Our dominance was spectacular, derby wins were annihilations of the highest order.
The pain of how it fell apart and the manner it did so is something I'll never forget , the fallout and NFL, a true club legends fall from grace was avoidable and painful .
To have lawell gone now ( though I'm grateful for what he achieved as CEO for the club in his time as well, he had to go no question) has helped us significantly in a very short time to the direction we move in now.
How much credit for the upturn in fortune DD deserves for this I'm undecided upon.
It wouldnt surprise me if his credit stretches no further than his ...well...credit/cash.
Having DD jnr and lawell jnr in powerful positions ( something I admit to having being very wary of ) has seen us go from rank rotten to actually acquiring one of the best managers in the world and dodging another one of the best managers in the world, but we got the correct one of both of these 2 very talented managers.
It's the reason why I say " if we can keep Ange for 5 seasons ( another 4) and he chooses to go triple/quadruple his earnings elsewhere then that will be a Celtic side and a half , especially when I look at clubs like old firm f.c and bodo/glimt, both together for at least 4 seasons as a team punching well above their weight
We can do this if they can and with better resources and an experienced manager at the helm.
Europe concerns me a bit as we all know that Celtic dont do hard to call groups.
Real , liverpool , Juventus or Bayern , City , Atletico would be the type of group we get traditionally.
Where we to get the luck of the draw like old firm f.c mostly did, and having looked at the pots so far , we could conceivably be drawn to face : from pot 1 : Eintracht/Ajax/Porto , from pot 2: Leipzig/Marseille/Spurs, and from pot 3: Shakhtar Donetsk/Sporting Lisbon/Leverkusen/ Copenhagen/Trabzonspor .
I'd like to see us progress through the group and certainly 3rd place at least .
A group such as Ajax/Leipzig/Copenhagen/Celtic would certainly give us a chance to get through the groups with 2 sides of the 4 going through we could hurt these sides I'm sure Eintracht/Marseille/Sporting Lisbon/Celtic could also offer up possibilities .
Our history with champions league is more likely to see us in with the pub teams like
It would be special as it always is but to finally lock horns with Real after such a long time would be awesome.
This is all just conjecture of course as 1 pot 3 club and 6 clubs in our pot 4 whom we cannot play have still to qualify.
It's almost 8a.m imatim so apologies for going off on a tangent , I sort of addressed your point about an hour ago , I think ? 🤯 yep going back to sleep 😳🤪

All good pal.....good points, well made...

All good pal.....good points, well made...
Aw thanks imatim, I have a tendency to go off on a tangent quite often unrelated to the original point or the post I'm replying to.
Now I'm more aware of it and how my posts 'accidentally ' contain a thousand words extra to what I was thinking, I do try to keep it shorter but overtired ,rubbish sleep , pushed me back into the novel writing ( with paragraphs though)🤐

The big difference between all the success Rodgers had and Anges league and cup double is Ange had strong competition Rodgers had none with a squad miles ahead of the rest in Scotland.Its great skooshing leagues and winning trebles year after year but you need competion to keep the club on their toes.We got arrogant and complacent and thats why we're not 11 in a row just now.What Ange done last season tops anything Rodgers ever done at Celtic imo.

Aw thanks imatim, I have a tendency to go off on a tangent quite often unrelated to the original point or the post I'm replying to.
Now I'm more aware of it and how my posts 'accidentally ' contain a thousand words extra to what I was thinking, I do try to keep it shorter but overtired ,rubbish sleep , pushed me back into the novel writing ( with paragraphs though)🤐

6667E464-D427-4AA5-9453-00057BB9B403.jpeg

Members online

Latest posts

Back