Benjamin Siegrist Signs

Free Agent! Why was he let go by DU? Biscuit tin signing.
This transfer window was always going to be about improving upon what we had last season and nailing down a fair bit of stability for the future also imo brim.
This signing of Ben fits that model perfectly for us, and a keeper of his standing deserves a better club and at a stage in his career that DU will ever be able to offer him

Looking for bites ma mhan? 😛

Let go?

The conspiracy theorists will say we tapped him up and consequently he let his contract run down.....ensuing a big signing on fee and a very much improved contract.....offering him financial security and the opportunity of playing on a much bigger stage.

Whatever, he is too good a goalkeeper to be simply let go in my view...

Looking for bites ma mhan? 😛

Let go?

The conspiracy theorists will say we tapped him up and consequently he let his contract run down.....ensuing a big signing on fee and a very much improved contract.....offering him financial security and the opportunity of playing on a much bigger stage.

Whatever, he is too good a goalkeeper to be simply let go in my view...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Siegrist
DU has been the peak of his career. Maybe like some goalies he's peaking later in life, I hope so, but I simply can't see what all the excitement is about.

Hardly a stellar career John.
Ange seems like a manager where opportunities are available.
Only have to look at the Ralston and josip in the RB position, and this time last season with them available it would hardly have been an impressive CV in a position where we had struggled so badly in for way to long also, to now becoming a very strong position for us now.
Think Ben helps that format to continue hugely for us, especially way beyond just next season also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Siegrist
DU has been the peak of his career. Maybe like some goalies he's peaking later in life, I hope so, but I simply can't see what all the excitement is about.
Not sure it's excitement more that the fella has potential sometimes a move to a bigger club with more ambitions brings out the best in some folk ,,,,take Gordon for instance came to us with his confidence shot and a dodgy knee ,,,,turned out not bad for little outlay

A wee bit unfair mate, look at the signing of joe hart lat summer, a player no one would touch with a barge pole, now brimming with confidence, probably the main reason we won back the league, took a shit defence, and has them organised, winning sides start at the back, has been a stand in captain on occasion, when was the last time our goalie was captain?
Anyway I’m off on a tangent, what I’m trying to say is…..in ange we trust, if the big man wants him here…..so do I…..🤷‍♂️

Ange is no mug.....He’s creating serious competition in every position and that sort of environment keeps everyone on their toes.....and I would suggest Ange isn’t over enamoured by SB either.....in my view Siegrist represents good value and knows what to expect from the SPFL, which is a bonus.

What will be important, is if he can handle the transition of going from being regularly active, to long periods of inactivity, and consequently the concentration level required to be effective in these circumstances.....and Europe will be something else again.....Ange has sanctioned this signing and to date he has been right on the money.....in Ange we trust...

I'm no saying he wont be a good 'keeper, good enough for the Spfl, Europe is another matter, but big Joe and Gordon were proven Internationals who had performed at the top level of the game before they came to us, millions had been spent to acquire their services by various clubs. BS has nothing like that on his CV. My view is he may replace Bain as 2nd choice somewhere down the line.

I wonder if Bain has it in his armoury to fight seigrist for no2.
I'm sure there will be plenty of clubs looking to sign him if not.
Bain was always meant to be our no2 and was no1 for a brief spell.
Led to Scotland call up and from where he came he did ok.
I personally believe this could be the end of his Celtic career as we have our young Olumayemi as well.
If it is to be the end for Scott Bain I wish him the very best , thrown in at the deep end and had some terrific moments for us and some awful moments as is the norm for goalies at any club.

I wonder if Bain has it in his armoury to fight seigrist for no2.
I'm sure there will be plenty of clubs looking to sign him if not.
Bain was always meant to be our no2 and was no1 for a brief spell.
Led to Scotland call up and from where he came he did ok.
I personally believe this could be the end of his Celtic career as we have our young Olumayemi as well.
If it is to be the end for Scott Bain I wish him the very best , thrown in at the deep end and had some terrific moments for us and some awful moments as is the norm for goalies at any club.
Could well depend upon how long Bain has upon his current contract winter, for which I have no idea, and same will possibly apply to hazard also now.
Harsh reality of football and at last we seem to not only making plans for the coming season but for keeping the possible next few years intact with hopefully enough quality to deal with the turnaround in players that we may well have to deal with next summer

Could well depend upon how long Bain has upon his current contract winter, for which I have no idea, and same will possibly apply to hazard also now.
Harsh reality of football and at last we seem to not only making plans for the coming season but for keeping the possible next few years intact with hopefully enough quality to deal with the turnaround in players that we may well have to deal with next summer
Completely forgot about hazard who not so long ago was handed a 7 year contract, unheard of at Celtic.
Would appear that hazard has had his glory in the hoops .
Will never forget the way he turned around that penalty shootout for us.
Hes behind Bain cant see a way back for him but I'm sure he'll have plenty of options going forward

Completely forgot about hazard who not so long ago was handed a 7 year contract, unheard of at Celtic.
Would appear that hazard has had his glory in the hoops .
Will never forget the way he turned around that penalty shootout for us.
Hes behind Bain cant see a way back for him but I'm sure he'll have plenty of options going forward
Hazard still has an opportunity to rebuild his career as such.
But money always pays a factor in a contract and for Bain and hazard are possibly already on far bigger wages than any other club would pay for there services at present, so would expect them to sit on there current contracts as leaving would mean a pay cut.
Still got way to many in that same category still but that clearly lies at the door of lenny and PL for the total mismanagement of the club.
At least we are now seeing the reforms within the club and the shite strategy it was working under, still not totally resolved still but certainly heading in the right direction at last.

Members online

Latest posts

Back