Beautiful Sunday and Nil By Mouth's false equivalence over Vegas singsong

Beautiful Sunday is about beating the huns on a Sunday. If we're singing it they've already lost and unnecessary addons to the song are hardly going to make them feel any worse. The IRA, as far as I'm aware, have had no part in any Celtic victories over Sevco and I don't expect them to make any significant contribution to Angeball. The BS addons are as cringey as the 'Rodgers At Work' poster and 'god bless the pope'.

Beautiful Sunday is about beating the huns on a Sunday. If we're singing it they've already lost and unnecessary addons to the song are hardly going to make them feel any worse. The IRA, as far as I'm aware, have had no part in any Celtic victories over Sevco and I don't expect them to make any significant contribution to Angeball. The BS addons are as cringey as the 'Rodgers At Work' poster and 'god bless the pope'.

What we mustn't do is miss the point of the story. Whether you agree or disagree with the add ons is a matter of each fans opinion. Some fans enjoy the rebel songs and singing about the IRA and some don't. Those will be arguments that will be had in celtic pubs and in celtic forums from now to the end of time. The real discussion here is how NbM, SRtRC and the scum can equate that songs about Irish rebels and Irelands struggle for independence from the British is the same as singing about murdering Catholics and sending Irish people home to where they come from. I'm not Catholic (well I am, but not practising) and I'm not Irish...but the songs about murdering them or sending them home offend me the same way making monkey chants and any other forms of racism offends me.
What Celtic fans sing and what scum fans sing are completely different.
Rebel songs aren't an attack on a whole race. They aren't songs about coming to England and murdering innocent people. They aren't songs that promote kicking people's heads in due to their nationality or religion.

I hate the IRA version of the beautiful Sunday sung these days...cringey as fuck
It's ridiculous and stupid; particularly considering the IRA are like Rangers.
They no longer exist.
There is no need to refer to a historic entity, which has loads of its own tunes, in songs celebrating Celtic's success in current times.
Better to rise above the Sevco hate and celebrate our dominance without being triggered by their provocations.
Unnecessarily singing about the IRA does nothing to advance the cause of Irish Freedom; especially when done in a manner so ripe for ridicule. Seriously hi; that shite's like something out of a Kitsonian kitbag.
Unnecessarily singing about the IRA does nothing to advance the cause of Glasgow Celtic. Famous fans should be able to sing along to songs without having to be concerned with alternate lyrics. We know our history and so do the huns. Celebration of modern SPFL dominance is enough.

Back