A Wee bit of Music Nostalgia ..Post it here

Do you remember the music centre? It played LP’s and also had a cassette feature along with radio facility oh technology now though is far superior but we were dead chuffed with our music centre in the mid seventies. I mean for Gods sake I’m struggling trying to find a Santa emoji these days and my grandson is always telling me how different everything is and he’s right but we struggle on and get there in the end. 💚
Of course Rose was a joy to have and loved all the options ...I've still got the tapes and LP's.....wife has recently made quite a comprehensive list of all LP's to sell on as we can upload now and see them on different platforms ...I try to keep up to date but it's fast moving as you know.

A wee story about twinkle ....the boy next door didnae like oor cat and told my auld man if it came near his windae again he'd set the dug on it .
Twinkle went missing two days later ...ma Auld man was convinced that " scrawny bastard" next door was responsible so he chapped his door ...wan thing led to another and my auld man dragged him and gave him a doing. The next day Twinkle turned up purring at our door . .....Result all round I thought 😾😸👍
Similar story mate, about 20 years ago my cat Purdy went missing, she always came when I called on her, this night nothing, I'm stressed to fuck. Next thing my weird neighbour Davie appears in his garden looking shifty, Davie had an 8 foot boa constrictor and liked dressing up in Nazi uniforms, a proper fuckwit.
So I shouted across to him have you seen Purdy Davie?
"Naw I've no seen her" acting shifty as fuck, so I jumped to the conclusion that his snake had eaten my cat, I shout at the cunt if your snakes eaten my cat I'll come round there and wrap the fucking thing round yer neck ya bastard!
Just as the words left my mouth I felt something rub my leg, I look down and get a meow. Hi Purdy, sorry Davie .😖

Love that song, although I'm probably a child of the 80s I had a sister who was 7 years older than me so as a kitten I grew up listening to Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, early Genesis etc, I remember waking up one chilly Sunday morning in my non central heated bedroom and she was playing that song in her room, sounded great then and it still does. Massively under rated band.
Love Fleetwood Mac
One of my favourites is TUSK
Especially when they performed and had the USC Trrojans marching band come on stage and play it with them
A wee story for you
My mate took his girlfriend to Maui and they were in Lahaina, a small former whaling village along the coast, it's a beautiful spot, as is everywhere in Maui
There was a new restaurant opening and it was during the day, so they ventured in to grab a burger or something
They were seated and then noticed an 'old dude' sitting on a stool playing guitar, and just jamming away
After about ten minutes, the guy approached and said "Welcome...just here on vacation...?"
They said yes, and he asked if they minded if he sat down for a few minutes, he was the owner
They said sure no problem
He was having a Happy hour type of event later that evening, and asked them to come by and enjoy themselves
They said "Thanks we'll do our best...sounds like fun"
They then shook his hand and introduced themselves by first name...so did the old dude, as he got up to leave
"Mick Fleetwood, pleasure to meet you"
You bet your ass they went back that night ;-)

Love Fleetwood Mac
Especially when they performed and had the USC Trrojans marching band come on stage and play it with them
A wee story for you
My mate took his girlfriend to Maui and they were in Lahaina, a small former whaling village along the coast, it's a beautiful spot, as is everywhere in Maui
There was a new restaurant opening and it was during the day, so they ventured in to grab a burger or something
They were seated and then noticed an 'old dude' sitting on a stool playing guitar, and just jamming away
After about ten minutes, the guy approached and said "Welcome...just here on vacation...?"
They said yes, and he asked if they minded if he sat down for a few minutes, he was the owner
He was having a Happy hour type of event later that evening, and asked them to come by and enjoy themselves
They then shook his hand and introduced themselves by first name...so did the old dude, as he got up to leave
Tusk kicks arse!

Love Fleetwood Mac
A wee story for you
If life had been favourable to me I'd have married Stevie Nicks and had many joyful evenings, instead I met Steviebhoy and get the blame when his raffles go tits up, its not fair. 😿

Back