A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

National league football is seriously under threat in my humble opinion.
Its only a matter of time, maybe in the next decade, before there is a European league.
The top 3 or 4 teams from all round Europe will be off like a shot, leaving behind a complete financial basket case, particularly in England.
The deal going thru on Mbappe is just bonkers mad, 150m+ just to sign, 50m+ a year in wages…all to win a CL where the winners can win around 70m max, its out of control.
And of course, we will get nowhere near it, all other leagues will be backwater football that Sky and the likes will drop like a stone to cosy up to the big boys, all we will get will be the same 20 odd teams week in week out, bored out of our tits.
Grass roots national football cannot survive this madness, Uefa are incapable of controlling it or unwilling due to the backhanders.
Real Madrid have thrown their toys out of the pram cos they couldn’t sign Mbappe, citing financial fair play…thats Madrid talking about FFP!! They were willing to fork out similar to get him!
Huge change is on the way, it cannot be avoided, and its not gonna be for the better.
If we think the investment in Scottish football is shite now, wait till this happens…

National league football is seriously under threat in my humble opinion.
Its only a matter of time, maybe in the next decade, before there is a European league.
The top 3 or 4 teams from all round Europe will be off like a shot, leaving behind a complete financial basket case, particularly in England.
The deal going thru on Mbappe is just bonkers mad, 150m+ just to sign, 50m+ a year in wages…all to win a CL where the winners can win around 70m max, its out of control.
And of course, we will get nowhere near it, all other leagues will be backwater football that Sky and the likes will drop like a stone to cosy up to the big boys, all we will get will be the same 20 odd teams week in week out, bored out of our tits.
Grass roots national football cannot survive this madness, Uefa are incapable of controlling it or unwilling due to the backhanders.
Real Madrid have thrown their toys out of the pram cos they couldn’t sign Mbappe, citing financial fair play…thats Madrid talking about FFP!! They were willing to fork out similar to get him!
Huge change is on the way, it cannot be avoided, and its not gonna be for the better.
If we think the investment in Scottish football is shite now, wait till this happens…
The mbappe deal is all thats wrong with the modern game but madrid have a fuckin cheek to moan about anybodies finances how many bailouts have they had from theyre king??? Now they realise these other royals have enuf money to buy mainland spain its no fair away n take a fuck to yourselfs and geez peace ffs

The mbappe deal is all thats wrong with the modern game but madrid have a fuckin cheek to moan about anybodies finances how many bailouts have they had from theyre king??? Now they realise these other royals have enuf money to buy mainland spain its no fair away n take a fuck to yourselfs and geez peace ffs
It's fair enough to make the shout about the mbappe deal and the money involved as it is obscene, but its been like this for years now and continues to increase still.
Even within Scotland, the budget available to ourselves is obscene compared to some other teams within the SPFL.
In turn the money involved now within the game has totally diluted the competition within the sport.
It actually annoys me that there is even an element within our own support that values getting our hands on 40M CL money now and stopping the scum from getting it is the real achievement for winning the title.
True as that is, I still value getting to 52 and closing the gap in overall titles and trophies won within Scotland as our main achievement still gained this season imo.
Yes its great to reenter the money circus of the CL, but still remains a competition that I haven't got much time for, and it will bring about problems regarding money weather we like it or not in the future, and that saddens myself, and all for the guarantee of 6 glory nights at the end of the day.
To try and find the right balance within our club is a near impossible task imo in this day and age and the main culprit for that is with the amount of money involved.

Congratulations to Neil Lennon who managed Cypriot side Omonia to their first final in ten years which they then won on penalties despite having a player sent off in the first 5 minutes.

Lenny also saw red in the Cyprus Cup Final when he finally snapped after several controversial decisions against his team and looked like he wanted to continue his "discussion" with the ref as he was being led away by his colleagues.

If you’ve got 200 billion in the bank and prepared to spend 10% of that on a club, its virtually impossible not to be successful.
Whilst I agree with you there B4L just look at Everton and the cash theyve splashed in the last 3 seasons it's around £200-£300 million and they only escaped relegation this last season with a couple of games to spare.
Having the cash , spending it is one thing but you still need the proper people in the right positions.
Manager, backroom team etc.
Looking at how drastically they've fallen since Ancelotti jumped ship to Madrid, they desperately need good management and staff.

Congratulations to Neil Lennon who managed Cypriot side Omonia to their first final in ten years which they then won on penalties despite having a player sent off in the first 5 minutes.

Lenny also saw red in the Cyprus Cup Final when he finally snapped after several controversial decisions against his team and looked like he wanted to continue his "discussion" with the ref as he was being led away by his colleagues.
Brilliant news to hear BB.
I also hear hes linked with the Charlton job, I know everyones linked to everyone right now but I hope that before he returns to these shores he leads them into Europe, that's something I would like to see.

Anybody remember Cyprus Champions? They were early spuds that bridged the gap between crops.

Are they the wans that are good for chips ?
The best spuds for chips are Pentland Dells but the best chips are made from spuds that are close to planting time as the starch breaks down inside them to more simple sugars and you get that nice sweet taste off them. Not anything like those horrible sweet potato / yam type boke inducers.

Having a wee look at Scotland's nations league group and think theres a fair chance we could win that group.
Armenia, Eire, Ukraine ( again) and us.
If we win that group we will be in the top 4 A groups and can go back tae getting pumped 🍻 slange
Not happening mo chara; we have that group sewn up.
Ukraine love us. Why? The RA.
Armenia love us. Why? The RA and our shared love of Andy Irvine.
Trump is half Scottish.

The best spuds for chips are Pentland Dells but the best chips are made from spuds that are close to planting time as the starch breaks down inside them to more simple sugars and you get that nice sweet taste off them. Not anything like those horrible sweet potato / yam type boke inducers.
I preferred the Pentland Hawks or Maris Pipers

Cheers bhuddy but I just eat them totties are totties to me haha I just have heard wee wifeys in the shops before saying a certain type was better for chips, a certain type for mash.
Anything past that no got a clue I'd just pick up a bag that had no sniders in 😂

Members online

Back