3 away games in league, no wins

Turnbull needs a spell in the reserves to decide whether he wants to play or not and Jota is brilliant apart from not being able to find a cross to one of our players. We need to stop playing inverted backs when it is not working for us and on dodgy pitches.
Same as last year always the best team always losing sucker goals.

The biggest difference I've noticed in our current shocking away form is the roles of the wide men.
Only using our wide men to hog the touchline and getting crosses in from very deep areas, not a tactic i would welcome whatsoever as to easy for there full back's to play against and winning them battles hands down.
Can't make sense of it, when using a central forward not renowned for heading ability and far to isolated.
If its meant to be for Turnbull and Rogic to attack there CBs, then fail to see how that works, with both lacking any pace to even get away from there midfield defenders.
Would have thought getting the wider men more infield to support the central striker and the possibility of quick one two's with the overlapping full back's getting crosses in from the space available would be a better attacking option, as the inverted full back's have only produced, 1 moment in the 3 games I can recall.
Need tactical changes away from home, as we've became far to predictable in our play and tactics atm

The biggest difference I've noticed in our current shocking away form is the roles of the wide men.
Only using our wide men to hog the touchline and getting crosses in from very deep areas, not a tactic i would welcome whatsoever as to easy for there full back's to play against and winning them battles hands down.
Can't make sense of it, when using a central forward not renowned for heading ability and far to isolated.
If its meant to be for Turnbull and Rogic to attack there CBs, then fail to see how that works, with both lacking any pace to even get away from there midfield defenders.
Would have thought getting the wider men more infield to support the central striker and the possibility of quick one two's with the overlapping full back's getting crosses in from the space available would be a better attacking option, as the inverted full back's have only produced, 1 moment in the 3 games I can recall.
Need tactical changes away from home, as we've became far to predictable in our play and tactics atm
Need to play the big Greek guy if we're lobbing crosses in, imo

Look, wits the matter with all of ye's?
Yer aw panic merchants.
Jist do this an it will be fine.
Are ye ready?
1.2.3 cross your arms in front of your body.
See.. doesn't that feel better?
And breathe.....?
I must agree m8
Some of the shite I’ve read today is fucking illogical
Worldies v Betis
Cue delusions of grandeur after a loss
But same players not good enough 3 days later after a bad game v Livingston
Must just be me
I always find myself somewhere in the middle no matter how good or bad we are

I must agree m8
Some of the shite I’ve read today is fucking illogical
Worldies v Betis
Cue delusions of grandeur after a loss
But same players not good enough 3 days later after a bad game v Livingston
Must just be me
I always find myself somewhere in the middle no matter how good or bad we are
You can't compare European football with the spfl Stg.
If we're not able to adapt between the 2 then we have huge problems in waiting.
1 goal from Ralston in 3 away league matches is a very worrying fact atm.
So what is our priority this season, league or Europe?
If we have signed so many players not capable of the physical challenge that awaits, then we've made a total bollox of the transfer window, of only getting home birds that can't or won't play when the going gets tough out of their comfort zone.
Still enough experience within the squad to know when to roll up the sleeves and fight for a result, even today there was, but nowhere to be seen again.
3 defeats away in the league with each one worse than the one before is not a trend I'm none to happy about.
Will we see the required changes to change thing's around? Doubts starting to creep in surrounding the league campaign, our main priority still imo

It really has nothing whatsoever to do with panic. The facts are there and they're stark. Our away record is abysmal. I don't think it's any coincidence that we play to our capabilities on the wide open spaces of Paradise. Giving a considered opinion is actually the opposite of panic.

My own feelings regarding Ange's early tenure are still on the positive side. We have indeed witnessed some terrific football, but we've also seen some absolutely amateur defending at the same time. We've beaten a couple of very poor teams by big a scoreline , and for sure the football was very good. The flipside side of the coin is Tynecastle, Ibrox and Livingston.

It's actually healthy to question those stats. Definitely not panic.

It really has nothing whatsoever to do with panic. The facts are there and they're stark. Our away record is abysmal. I don't think it's any coincidence that we play to our capabilities on the wide open spaces of Paradise. Giving a considered opinion is actually the opposite of panic.

My own feelings regarding Ange's early tenure are still on the positive side. We have indeed witnessed some terrific football, but we've also seen some absolutely amateur defending at the same time. We've beaten a couple of very poor teams by big a scoreline , and for sure the football was very good. The flipside side of the coin is Tynecastle, Ibrox and Livingston.

It's actually healthy to question those stats. Definitely not panic.
spot on frank
I only hope Ange and those behind the scenes are doing as much soul searching as we see on our beloved site

throughout the years we’ve faced the same challenges away from home and till the cows come home it won’t change.
Tight games against teams that give you not a inch.
You need to have that bit of steel and a lot of heart to overcome that first challenge. Next you need that bit of quality up top.
your dembele, edouard, Larson,Sutton etc
That wee bit of class that win a tight game.
frankly without kyogo on the park we look in trouble up front. I’m not going to slaughter Ajeti. He’s a poacher and needs service. He’s also still picking the best part of a years splinters oot his arse. Doesn’t offer much apart from that but he ain’t ever going to be that lone striker.

this first part of the season we’re left with kyogo, Georgie and ajeti. We bought Georgie unfit to play so we really IMO went into this season short up front and should have done more with our 20 million profit in summer window

imagine if ajeti got injured 🤷‍♂️

Had a wee bit of time to reflect which I always try and do after a performance like yesterdays. I’m very much in the same place as STG and Brim above in that while yesterday was bad, it is the first really crap performance for the whole 90 mins we’ve seen from the team. There’s been really good performances and some which have been good in parts eg Betis on Thursday.

On the whole I remain still fairly positive but there are a few faint alarm bells beginning to ring. Everyone goes on about the defence but too me the biggest issue is midfield dropping out of games - that’s what is putting a lot of pressure on the defence - we just never look compact enough as a unit and are really open to the counter-attack.

Also, the subs when they came where just like for like - where was the idea about changing up the system to give the cloggers something new to think about?

Hopefully yesterday was just an aberration but general view is that the honeymoon period is over now for Ange - need to start seeing progress in results particularly away from home as well as the performances we’ve seen. I’m really hoping that Ange’s team dont just flatter to deceive.

And how’s that johnno
The game starts with a baw, 22 players and a referee 🤣
And only interested in what our 11 do about that, in breaking down and stopping the other 11 from scoring and not making the ref the focal point.
Called tactics in how you go about it all, and when failing calls into question the tactical approach to the game.
Would you see many if any teams set in a 451 playing in Europe with everyone behind the ball? Don't think so, yet comman enough in the spfl

Like a few posters I agree that the midfield for me was all wrong yesterday. Turnbull and Rogic don't seem to work together in the same 3 man midfield when playing away from home. I feel like they stifle each other and neither is strong willed enough to boss the other one so we end up where they both want to do similar things but neither ends up doing it. McCarthy started slowly, then for a wee spell I was happy to see him getting stuck in but he quickly faded away - obviously not fit enough.

I feel that we need a lot more steel in the midfield, someone who will get stuck in and take the fight to the opposition. We were lucky enough to enjoy Broony for over a decade in this role but let's be honest - he was rarely at the very high standards he set pre-lockdown after we returned last season. Also, if we did uncover another gem similar to him then he'd be moving on after a couple of years success with us.

I know many fans don't like us buying the best of players from other teams in the SPFL as they aren't good enough for us. But I feel that they understand what is required to win and play tough physical football to try to win the league. If you have a team of too many lightweight foreigners on the pitch at once then sadly they can occasionally find themselves getting bullied.

IMO yesterday was not a day for 4-3-3. Playing 2 wingers on that small narrow pitch which plays slowly due to it not being prepared properly means we are not playing to the conditions. I thought we needed an extra ball winner in our midfield to help us start attacks and to assist our defence. Why Ralston or Montgomery never got on the pitch is an absolute mystery to me. Keeping Abada on as well seemed strange as he was poor for the last 80 minutes of the match. The subs were needed as we were playing terribly, but IMO they were not the right players and we just kept the same shape which was clearly not working. Personally I thought a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 would have been more sensible yesterday.

These are the sort of dropped points that can cost you dearly come the end of the season. I am still confident we will win the league but we need to be smarter and not so one dimensional.

Don’t think it’s panic stations after Livingston,think its realisation we haven’t changed much since Lennon and Kennedy’s tenure,,and that’s what spooks us!if under Lennon that wasn’t exceptible why should ange get a free pass,,yesterday was a carbon copy of probably the last five games at that ground and we haven’t learnt a thing??its as if we go there thinking we just need to show up to take the points!!thats never a good attitude,,too many players floating aboot the park like a fart in the wind,,no aggression,there captain gets booked in 15 seconds,in the remaining 93mins never was sucked into making another tackle??lightweight midfield..why we needed two wingers on for 90mins???wee need to approach these games way a better attitude or we are fucked,,anybody found out what the fuck john Kennedy actually does?appart from steal a wage?ange looks the same as Lennon did way the gutless cunts at his back!!!on his Todd.

Like a few posters I agree that the midfield for me was all wrong yesterday. Turnbull and Rogic don't seem to work together in the same 3 man midfield when playing away from home. I feel like they stifle each other and neither is strong willed enough to boss the other one so we end up where they both want to do similar things but neither ends up doing it. McCarthy started slowly, then for a wee spell I was happy to see him getting stuck in but he quickly faded away - obviously not fit enough.

I feel that we need a lot more steel in the midfield, someone who will get stuck in and take the fight to the opposition. We were lucky enough to enjoy Broony for over a decade in this role but let's be honest - he was rarely at the very high standards he set pre-lockdown after we returned last season. Also, if we did uncover another gem similar to him then he'd be moving on after a couple of years success with us.

I know many fans don't like us buying the best of players from other teams in the SPFL as they aren't good enough for us. But I feel that they understand what is required to win and play tough physical football to try to win the league. If you have a team of too many lightweight foreigners on the pitch at once then sadly they can occasionally find themselves getting bullied.

IMO yesterday was not a day for 4-3-3. Playing 2 wingers on that small narrow pitch which plays slowly due to it not being prepared properly means we are not playing to the conditions. I thought we needed an extra ball winner in our midfield to help us start attacks and to assist our defence. Why Ralston or Montgomery never got on the pitch is an absolute mystery to me. Keeping Abada on as well seemed strange as he was poor for the last 80 minutes of the match. The subs were needed as we were playing terribly, but IMO they were not the right players and we just kept the same shape which was clearly not working. Personally I thought a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 would have been more sensible yesterday.

These are the sort of dropped points that can cost you dearly come the end of the season. I am still confident we will win the league but we need to be smarter and not so one dimensional.
I think your spot on with midfield BB
But my take on it is slightly different
Rogic has been immense all year
Turnbull has been a passenger in most games. He tries and there’s maybe Mitigating factors but we need much much more from him
McCarthy clearly isn’t up to speed
We know he had covid during international break so it’s been a stop start season
Some of the guff I’ve read already after 1 game is laughable
I expect he’ll be a massive player for us this year, his quality isn’t in question the big if being getting him fit
Looking at the bench yesterday we could maybe have matched them a bit better physically
But they were all rotten yesterday and that was the problem

Members online

Latest posts

Back