£25,000 a week?

WTF? Who couldn't manage on that? Greedy basterts. That.s who. HH
After tax they lucky to have 15k

And while I agree thats still an awesome wage, if someone wants to pay you even more say 100lk taking home around 50K for doing the same thing then I think its likely that you would seriously need to consider the pros and cons

There are many many things to take into consideration

loving the club is a powerful incentive to stay but who knows what next year brings?

could easily get injured or lose form and get punted.

Take Sinclair as example

after first year at club had we been offered 25 million and he was being offered 100K wages then that might have seemed fair considering he was absolutely dynamite.

Had he left it would have created same issue

Why sell a top talent under contract?

2 seasons on his form hasn't been like first season and his current wage may seem high considering he aint getting lot of game time.

things can change fast in football and not always for the better.

therefore if someone offers large fee and wants to quadruple the players wages then it seems you either quadruple his wages and keep him or you let him go to club that can pay the higher wages.

A better standard of league
Better wages
A chance to test himself against the best wingers in world defensively and an opportunity to grow as a footballer while getting massive pay rise.

Should a Falkirk fan stay at Falkirk if someone in higher league want him and wants pay him much more than he can earn at Falkirk?

Does moving mean he no longer supports Falkirk?

Business is business and its separate from who you support.

If your head hunted in any walk of life with chance to do what you love doing but get better wages in an environment that well test your skill at a sharper level then most people will take the bigger wage and test themselves in the higher level

When Tierney kissed the badge he did it with real passion and truth

He is good enough to earn epl wages

Celtic cant pay EPL wages

when a guy who stays for less wages when he gets dropped he will wish he took the better wage

25k is magic

100k is much better

had he stayed I would loved him
Now he gone I wish him well and hope he does well

when someone wants you enough to offer 25 million and big pay rise then I can see why he took the offer

Back